Pardus 12g lever - Issues fixed?

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Pardus 12g lever - Issues fixed?

Post by SgtSchultz » 16 Nov 2017, 7:31 pm

Gday,
Long time lurker, First time poster.
Been looking at the Adler 110 and the Pardus LAX 12G lever action shotguns.
I personally prefer the feel of the Pardus over the Adler110 and being abcle to cycle the lever with the saftey engaged etc

So a couple of questions on the Pradus LAX12
1. Have the issues been fixed with ejecting and feeding on the Pardus. I was told by one dealer all the issues 12 months ago stemmed from a bad extractor and this have been fixed in the latest revision. Also you need to use a bit of muscle on the lever and not be too gentle.
Can anyone confirm that this has been fixed on the recent models? Anyone still having issues on a recent gun.

2. How durable is the nickle plated coating?. I heard a few went back with flaking.

My use is a scrub gun etc. So probably a 20inch synthetic or marine is the go
Cheers
SgtSchultz
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Pardus 12g lever - Issues fixed?

Post by Jimbo77 » 18 Nov 2017, 5:46 am

Just purchased mine should have it in the next two weeks when pta comes through will let you know !
Tikka T3 Super Varmit 300WM Vortex Viper HS LR
Pardus LAX12 Patrol 12 Gauge Vortex Sparc 2
Jimbo77
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by cracker » 18 Nov 2017, 10:02 am

i brought an adler 12months ago and out of the box it was basically what i expected.
cheap turkish shotgun that is kinda clunky but works reasonably well.
how ever over time the gun has loosed up quite alot, i also sprayed the action with lithium grease and sat there and cycled the action for 15-20mins
now its actually pretty dam good, its very easy too cycle on the shoulder.
Shooting clays its completely possible to take 2-3 shoots at a clay im not very good at shooting clays....
its proven to be very reliable and the action is pretty bloody smooth its turned out to be alot better then i thought it would basically
cracker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by SgtSchultz » 19 Nov 2017, 9:31 am

Thanks for the feedback.
Had a good look at them the other day, I realise it will never replace my old Remington 11-87 but seems to cycle ok and the price was good.
I looked at the marine verison but the nickle plating was very shinly, not like a matt stainless at all, so I ended up with the synthetic instead and will see how that goes.

Cheers
SgtSchultz
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by jarvid » 19 Nov 2017, 1:28 pm

I am waiting for my third 28" synthetic to show up, spent hulls still only drop/roll out after firing even though I drove it like I stole it.(Cycling it as hard and fast as I could did not help)
jarvid
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Post by Oldbloke » 19 Nov 2017, 8:36 pm

Sorry, can't help. I know nothing!.

:welcome: Still watch that show every night. :drinks:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.