CZ 527 Single Shot Adapter

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

CZ 527 Single Shot Adapter

Post by Nigel » 12 Jan 2018, 1:21 pm

I have just purchased a CZ 527 in 22 Hornet and need a single shot adapter for it.

I am aware of the Bob Sled and Calhoon models available from the US. Midway has the Bob Sled but they will not export to Australia. I am worried that importing from the US is going to be a hassle with the possibility of export and/or import permits required.

Does anyone know of any local sources for this kind of adapter or have any experience getting one from overseas?
Nigel
Private
Private

New South Wales

Re: CZ 527 Single Shot Adapter

Post by bladeracer » 12 Jan 2018, 1:49 pm

Nigel wrote:I have just purchased a CZ 527 in 22 Hornet and need a single shot adapter for it.

I am aware of the Bob Sled and Calhoon models available from the US. Midway has the Bob Sled but they will not export to Australia. I am worried that importing from the US is going to be a hassle with the possibility of export and/or import permits required.

Does anyone know of any local sources for this kind of adapter or have any experience getting one from overseas?

Is it just a magazine cut-off of some kind?
If so there shouldn't be any import problems.
Do Brownells list it?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 12 Jan 2018, 2:02 pm

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Single-Load-Adaptor-CZ527-Tikka-595-AI-300-Winmag-Lapua-338-and-AI-223-308/263012732074

Is this it?
I can't see any restriction at all on that - it's just a piece of plastic.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Nigel » 12 Jan 2018, 2:03 pm

bladeracer wrote:Is it just a magazine cut-off of some kind?
If so there shouldn't be any import problems.
Do Brownells list it?

They look like this:

http://www.originalbobsled.com/BoltGunSleds.aspx

The adapter fits into the magazine well and allows you to feed one round at a time via the ejection port. It holds the round in correct position for collection by the bolt. This is useful for mauser style actions like the CZ 527 as the cartridge rim slides up behind the extractor as the round is chambered.

I checked Brownells. They don't seem to have any listed.
Nigel
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Nigel » 12 Jan 2018, 2:10 pm

bladeracer wrote:https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Single-Load-Adaptor-CZ527-Tikka-595-AI-300-Winmag-Lapua-338-and-AI-223-308/263012732074

Is this it?
I can't see any restriction at all on that - it's just a piece of plastic.

That's it. Thanks a lot mate.

I spent ages googling before I posted here. I'm not sure why I didn't come across that seller. I did see a couple of other UK sellers who were 'out of stock'.

I was worried that ordering from the US may have been a hassle as this may technically be classified as a 'magazine'. I will order from this guy if I don't come across any other sources.

Thanks again.
Nigel
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 12 Jan 2018, 2:16 pm

Nigel wrote:That's it. Thanks a lot mate.
I spent ages googling before I posted here. I'm not sure why I didn't come across that seller. I did see a couple of other UK sellers who were 'out of stock'.
I was worried that ordering from the US may have been a hassle as this may technically be classified as a 'magazine'. I will order from this guy if I don't come across any other sources.
Thanks again.

If they label it as a "magazine follower" it might get stopped by Customs as magazine parts are prohibited imports, but they'll email you and you can just let them know that is not part of a mag and they should clear it.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 12 Jan 2018, 2:28 pm

it is getting a lot more difficult to get simple things out of the US
these are a replacement for the magazine so they are probably classed as such
I still hope Trump will make it not so ridiculous and turn these bull crap laws around
you will probably have to find someone who has a contact in the US to get it for you or if you can get an importer to get one for you
I recently got 2 mauser single shot adaptors myself from the US because the dealers here wont and if they do a $10 part will cost $100
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Nigel » 29 Jan 2018, 11:39 pm

Just following up.

I ordered the Bob Sled from UK ebay seller 'marksmanuk' as per the link posted by bladeracer above. It arrived in the mail today, no problems with customs.

This is a good option for anyone looking to procure one of these.

Thanks again for your help bladeracer.
Nigel
Private
Private

New South Wales

Return to Centerfire rifles