Multipurpose 22lr

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: Multipurpose 22lr

Post by PaddyT » 19 Jan 2018, 11:23 am

As a fellow lefty i empathise with you- funnily enough i dont find using a 22 right hand rifle as hard as the centerfire- might actually get a righty as I want to teach my daughter how to shoot and she is right handed
PaddyT
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by eddahenry » 21 Jan 2018, 9:30 pm

My 2 Cents
Get the lithgow
I have seen and shot many and they all shot
I am a CZ455 Tacticool owner and i got one of the bad ones, wouldnt shoot 30mm groups at 50m with any ammo
Done the
Lowey products trigger spring (great product) Got the trigger to 8oz safe
I made and Installed my own Aluminium pillars
than done a full Devcon bed
than took it to the rang on the windiest day i have ever shot there and shot this with SK match red box
Im guessing with no shift winds and finding what it likes i will shoot tits
but its been a long road
so yeh unless you like to tinker get the lithgow IMO
eddahenry
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by PaddyT » 22 Jan 2018, 2:03 pm

Yep thats im thinking- now just need to sneak it past the Minister of Finance- put my PTA in on Friday- am still not sure about optics- had a look at a couple of Zeiss scopes for around $600- but with regards to power is 4X16 or 6X18 the way I should go
PaddyT
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by eddahenry » 22 Jan 2018, 4:17 pm

well i run a T36 when i bench rest mine and a 4 x 16 when hunting ,
Just get a nice 4x16 ,, but if you will be hunting more than target shooting get thicker recitals as the super thin Target types are really hard to make out out in the bush and will drive you mad
eddahenry
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by Sawyers » 22 Jan 2018, 7:43 pm

PaddyT wrote:Anyone tried the Browning Tbolt in 22lr

I just bought the composite sporter model for my partner, very lite to handle all most like a kids guns. I havent put a round through it so I cant tell you how it shoots, in saying this she likes its mainly because its has a cool name and a gold trigger
Sawyers
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by PaddyT » 25 Jan 2018, 11:36 am

Placed an order for the LA101 left handed , Bushnell Trophy 2.5-15 with the illuminated reticle , bipod, sling- now all i have to do is wait- Lithgow are out of stock of the left handers so about 6 weeks till I get it -so will wait till then!
PaddyT
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Gwion » 28 Jan 2018, 2:13 pm

Nice! :thumbsup:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by in2anity » 28 Jan 2018, 3:14 pm

Another possible contender is the new t1x which is about to come out. As long as they group, in many ways it’s a superior rifle to the la101 (as much as I hat to admit it!)
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Stix » 28 Jan 2018, 3:27 pm

Good work eddahenry...
Come & do my brno mod 2 for me...!!!!!

Never shot bad with it until i floated out the barrel channel...biggest mistake i ever made...!!!
3 gun smiths & many a "brno expert" later (& a butchering by one of them) & my oldest & favorite rifle just sits in the safe now cos it doesnt shoot...

Rekon it just needs a good bedding...!!!
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by eddahenry » 31 Jan 2018, 12:19 am

Stix wrote:Good work eddahenry...

Never shot bad with it until i floated out the barrel channel...biggest mistake i ever made...!!!
3 gun smiths & many a "brno expert" later (& a butchering by one of them) & my oldest & favorite rifle just sits in the safe now cos it doesnt shoot...

if you where in perth , No Worries lol
maybe try putting pressure points back on the barrel with felt or something like that , start at the tip of the forend and work back
but nearly every gun i have done that didnt like being full floated came good after bedding the first 5 CM of the barrel at the chamber
eddahenry
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by Stix » 31 Jan 2018, 4:38 am

eddahenry wrote:
Stix wrote:Good work eddahenry...

if you where in perth , No Worries lol
maybe try putting pressure points back on the barrel with felt or something like that , start at the tip of the forend and work back
but nearly every gun i have done that didnt like being full floated came good after bedding the first 5 CM of the barrel at the chamber

Yea ive tried all that stuff--doesnt like it...!...so i just have to bed it...
I'm just not sure if i do the action only first, or just do it all the way out to the front screw.

Ive never done it before so had thoughts of trying it with builders bog first...but then it'll be messy ripping it all out again..
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Gwion » 31 Jan 2018, 6:45 am

Builders bog is too soft.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by eddahenry » 31 Jan 2018, 8:23 am

Yeh builder bog is a no go it will just crack
This is what you want
1EC31247-4199-4396-BE13-28FD761EEBAA.jpeg
1EC31247-4199-4396-BE13-28FD761EEBAA.jpeg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 1996 times

I would start with the action and go say 5cm down the barrel and work from there
If that doesn’t fix it it must be a issue with barrel harmonics and I would play around with a barrel turner before bedding the intire barrel
eddahenry
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by Gwion » 31 Jan 2018, 8:33 am

I bedded my Sportco to just in front of the barrel lug/front take down. I then played around with pressure points along the barrel channel because it didnt like a floating barrel at all.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Next

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles