Long weekend

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Long weekend

Post by Bent Arrow » 14 Feb 2018, 5:15 pm

bigrich wrote:sub-teranean spring legged bush chickens !!!! . lol never heard them called that mate. yeh got their gizzards cleaned out good. got another one on the run with me 22 mag, man , got him in the chest with 40 gr cci hp's. messed him up too much ! mate off mine showed me why shotty's are a good thing. he bagged quite a few on the run . wondering if i should get one myself. cant legally shoot duck up in qld , wondering if i'll get to use it enough. i REALLY like roast duck but. opinions anyone ?

I'm not sure what you want opinions on, do I like roast duck....? YES.

Surely you can't be asking if we think you should get a shotty?....... YES......
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by sungazer » 14 Feb 2018, 5:25 pm

Im lost are we talking about goats. I have never shot or seen one cleaned. it looks a heap smaller skinned than when on the hoof. where are the Glands they would come off with the skin wouldn't they?
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by bigrich » 14 Feb 2018, 5:39 pm

i keep telling my mate i'll get a shotty when i get my moonshine still going :lol: yeh well a shotty would give me more scope for playtime i guess . i got goats and wabbits SG ( or sub-terranean spring legged bush chickens if you prefer ), blasted a couple of full grown billies to cull the numbers back down. was warned off trying billies, very tough and stringy. young kids are the way to go for a good feed i'm told. lots of pregnant nannies. so will be looking for some kids soon . i'm still learnin myself , so cant give any advice on feild dressing goats yet i'm afraid . wabbits are easy but. might have to make some pillows if i get to prep some ducks ! :lol:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 14 Feb 2018, 6:32 pm

bigrich wrote:spent long weekend cleaning up goats in tenterfeild :thumbsup:

Hey bigrich if that's you in the photo. I gotta find a photo of my dad. I sh@t ya not I had to look twice. Ya family line doesn't come from the gympie area? :lol: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 14 Feb 2018, 7:58 pm

nah daddybang. irish and scots background. been around brissy for five generations, but my grandmas family was from bundy i bin told. were high up in the sugar/rum industry. family name was bolger. been meaning to look that up. maybe i might be the heir to bundaberg rum ! :lol: :drinks: :lol: now that would be something hey ?
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Return to Centerfire rifles