New Sako rifles?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

New Sako rifles?

Post by andreweden » 30 Jan 2018, 8:32 pm

Does anyone think the new TRG-42/22 A1 are actually better that the ‘old’ models?
I just loved the simple look of the old one.
Don’t get me wrong, I have a Barrett M98B so I’m not tactical averse.

Now the new Carbon Wolf and Finnlight II .....MMMMMM... OH YEAH!!!! :crazy:
andreweden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: New Sako rifles?

Post by AusTac » 30 Jan 2018, 8:39 pm

*Barrett* Drool

Sako are really pushing out some nice stuff these days, but some small makers are starting to come out with some nice gear too at reasonable prices
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by ebr love » 13 Feb 2018, 3:03 pm

andreweden wrote:Does anyone think the new TRG-42/22 A1 are actually better that the ‘old’ models?

I haven't fired them all of course but I'd bet they're much the same.

Materials, manufacturing tolerances etc. aren't leaping forward these days. Sako are already pretty top shelf.

Same gun, different clothes as I see it.

A1 if you want the folding stock.

M10 if you want the adjustable stock. The ambidextrous controls are smart, but this is just another feature, not a game changer.

I actually think the Jubilee model is pretty cool, they're only making 100 of them though.

If you were buying a TRG for the first time go for the new one certainly, if you already had a TRG though I wouldn't bother 'upgrading' to a new one.

My 2c anyway.
TIKKA T3 TAC .300 WIN MAG
HOW SPORTER 270 WIN
HOWA YOUTH .204 RUGER
MARLIN 1889 .38-40
ebr love
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 13 Feb 2018, 3:55 pm

*Barrett* Drool

Now I know who drooled on my M99..... :D
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by andreweden » 13 Feb 2018, 7:14 pm

ebr love wrote:
andreweden wrote:Does anyone think the new TRG-42/22 A1 are actually better that the ‘old’ models?

I haven't fired them all of course but I'd bet they're much the same.

Materials, manufacturing tolerances etc. aren't leaping forward these days. Sako are already pretty top shelf.

Same gun, different clothes as I see it.

A1 if you want the folding stock.

M10 if you want the adjustable stock. The ambidextrous controls are smart, but this is just another feature, not a game changer.

I actually think the Jubilee model is pretty cool, they're only making 100 of them though.

If you were buying a TRG for the first time go for the new one certainly, if you already had a TRG though I wouldn't bother 'upgrading' to a new one.

My 2c anyway.

Agreed - it’s probably only aesthetics. Weight hasn’t changed. But I like the aesthetics of the ‘old’ TRG42 better, a little understated etc.
andreweden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Return to Centerfire rifles