New Tikka T3 bolt/feed issue...

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: New Tikka T3 bolt/feed issue...

Post by Chronos » 13 Feb 2018, 10:30 pm

marksman wrote:
Its a warranty issue, you will not have to pay postage, its warranty for the seller as well
dont play with it send it back, you could do damage that they will say the whole thing is because of you
no warranty then
the extractor is not slipping over the case rim properly, could be a burr :unknown:
most probably they have a smith in your area that you can take it to and they will get the bill :drinks:

Sorry mate but the dealer isn't responsible for getting the rifle back to their shop for a warranty, It's the interstate buyers cost to bear

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Stix » 14 Feb 2018, 5:03 am

Hi rj...
Maybe im a bit slow, but Im not exactly sure i follow what you mean in regard to your mag...

But i dont think its a mag feed issue mate...
Its only at the end of the forward motion of the bolt throw i get resistance...
Once the bolt has the round there is no problem--ie; can work the bolt with no resistance...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by 7gables » 24 Feb 2018, 3:24 am

Just curious if you got it figured out and what the fix was? Brian
7gables
Recruit
Recruit

United States of America

Post by Stix » 24 Feb 2018, 9:30 am

7gables wrote:Just curious if you got it figured out and what the fix was? Brian

Well its not figured for sure...but...here's the latest.

I rang Beretta, they suggested take it to a local shop first, & do what the shop says--shoot it/send it back.
The shop dont think there is an issue & said shoot it...nor does another experienced shooter--neither of them can feel the problem now.
But having said that, i had probably chambered a good 30 odd cases by then & had noticed the resistance was significantly reduced but was still easily noticable.
Somehow between my last chambering a case & a fellow shooter & shop getting it, the problem had almost 'disappeared'...

I took it to the range & farm & got 20-something rounds down her, & did feel the resistance on just a few.
Ill chamber all the fired cases later on & see how the feel & report back.

I still suspect its the claw on the bolt maybe has or had a burr or something.
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 24 Feb 2018, 10:07 am

"Istill suspect its the claw on the bolt maybe has or had a burr or something"

Have put a drop of light lube on it? Say sewing machine oil?
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 24 Feb 2018, 10:42 am

Oldbloke wrote:"Istill suspect its the claw on the bolt maybe has or had a burr or something"

Have put a drop of light lube on it? Say sewing machine oil?

Yep...

Ill pull it out later and have a play...let you know how it goes/feels
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Gwion » 24 Feb 2018, 11:26 am

Sounds like you burr theory might be on the mark. Try a spent case chambered and just work the bolt in and out of battery for a while. Just lift and clise the handle. Then go try some live rounds.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by pomemax » 24 Feb 2018, 3:46 pm

Is this the first Tikka you have owned .
Because they have a feature built in to them that some people never know I found out by accident when i was having feed problems was back and forth to the The Gunsmith found out Via Sako i sent them an email ,it was the way I was fitting a loaded mag into the rifle sounds weird till you try it load you mag with the bolt in the forward position its sort of a safety thing
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Return to Centerfire rifles