increasing T-Bolt laminate stock LOP?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

increasing T-Bolt laminate stock LOP?

Post by rossfrb » 13 Feb 2018, 7:28 pm

I have a stainless laminate T-Bolt, however I find the length of pull too short.
Options for increasing the LOP would be some form of slip on pad or spacers added in between the stock and the (plastic) butt plate.
If anyone knows of a slip on that fits like a glove (and doesn't get gooey over time) and can increase LOP by an inch or so I'd be interested, as that'd likely be a lot cheaper.
My preference would be spacers (I could probably put a nicer butt plate on too), but thought I'd throw it out to the group to see what anyone else may have done.
cheers
rb
rossfrb
Private
Private

New South Wales

Re: increasing T-Bolt laminate stock LOP?

Post by sungazer » 13 Feb 2018, 7:42 pm

I made a Aluminum spacer for a rifle but plate it polished up nice and shiny and looked good I was them going to perhaps make on of stainless to be heavier but it was heavy enough as it was. The reason I made it though was to add extra weight I also put some lead in the butt. In the end I took the spacer off as it made the length of pull to much for me.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Re: increasing T-Bolt laminate stock LOP?

Post by Supaduke » 13 Feb 2018, 9:31 pm

You sure it's not your head being to big?

There are sand to fit butt pads that can give you more lop. Or shape some timber or plastic spacers. Nothing some careful sanding couldn't fix.

Or a head transplant.....
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles