BSA CF2 222 on the way

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: BSA CF2 222 on the way

Post by gordicans » 16 Jul 2019, 5:47 pm

Will do Bigfella. I'll be loading up the tent and heading up to fox country later in the week. Going to range tomorrow to try out some test loads with the ADI BM1 powder from 20 gns to max at 22.5gns going up in 0.5gn increments to decide what to load. I've got some already loaded from years ago but looking at the fired primers I think they might be a tad hot. The trigger was super duper heavy so got a set of imperial allen keys from Bunnings this afternoon and they seem to have done the trick. Tiny screw in the trigger guard and a couple of counter clockwise turns appears to have lightened the trigger considerably.

I'll have some interesting gear to try out including a you beaut LED light to go on the scope, a Night Tech HD-25 thermal monocular, quad shooting sticks and an MP3 player loaded up with a call which the guy at Foxbusters kindly sent to me (played it for the missus while she was getting dinner ready and her response was "turn that f*ckng thing off" so it definitely works!). I got the MP3 player on Ebay for $30 (pictured), so I'll be keen to try this out. I've no idea if it works better than a fox whistle but it may be an advantage to be able to put the player 20 or 30 meters from where you are located. I'll let you know how it all goes!
Attachments
MP3 player.JPG
MP3 player.JPG (57.73 KiB) Viewed 3189 times
gordicans
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 16 Jul 2019, 6:55 pm

LOL my ex was the same when it came to blowing the fox whistle. Good luck with it all mate, hopefully they will play ball (probably won't at this time of year) but hopefully you will be quick enough to get a shot off at em before they bugger off.

Good luck and I look forward to hearing all about it all. :drinks:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by gordicans » 05 Sep 2019, 1:07 pm

bigfellascott wrote:Will be interesting to see how they shoot mate. :D
gordicans
Private
Private

New South Wales