Suggest a lever

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Suggest a lever

Post by Tripod » 23 Feb 2018, 3:59 pm

ausbushman wrote:A Marlin 1894m 22 mag if you can get one, very small and accurate, awesome little rifle

Not exactly something that most people will ever find in their local gunshop though is it.
Tripod
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by ausbushman » 24 Feb 2018, 6:31 am

Tripod wrote:
ausbushman wrote:A Marlin 1894m 22 mag if you can get one, very small and accurate, awesome little rifle

Not exactly something that most people will ever find in their local gunshop though is it.

Exactly, only ever seen 2 for sale in Australia, I am just showing off
ausbushman
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by gunnnie » 24 Feb 2018, 11:59 am

Actually that's a good one also -310Cadet. I have two of these & the missus hasn't shot them yet. Will have to take one to the range next visit so she can try it out. All of the pistol calibre levers will be about ideal & honestly, reloading is the only way to go.
Combining history with the reloading & use of these rifles is an experience in itself.
If your missus finds that the steel buttplates are a tad uncomfortable, check out Limbsaver for a slip on buttpad. I have one that my missus uses when the 38-55 gets a bit much. The loads for it are a Westcasting 235gn pill over 18gn of 2207.
The Mod92 44-40 has a Spartan .430" 200gn pill over 11gns of TrailBoss. My Mod 92 32-20 with a medium heavy Sprinter barrel, uses Redback 90gn pills over 12gns of AR2205. The 310Cadets use 122gn HRCB heeled pills over 3.7gns of AP70N.

All shoot very well in our rifles with no problems. The missus can handle the loads for her rifles and would certainly handle these loads in the other rifles. The missus has even expressed interest in helping me reload ammo for her rifles. So it's been a win-win situation for me in more ways than one!
gunnnie
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Tripod » 24 Feb 2018, 7:10 pm

ausbushman wrote:
Tripod wrote:

Haven't even fired mine yet. :drinks: :drinks:
Tripod
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by ausbushman » 25 Feb 2018, 6:39 am

Tripod wrote:
ausbushman wrote:
Tripod wrote:

Haven't even fired mine yet. :drinks: :drinks:

Great little rifle, 22 mag ammo is a bit expensive
ausbushman
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by gunnnie » 25 Feb 2018, 12:38 pm

Missus & I spent the morning at Ripley range. I loaded up some 245gn cast pills over 7gns of TrailBoss for her to try. She loved it, not as much kick as the 2207 load & it shot almost to the same point at 50m. So the wife's happy now.
gunnnie
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Centerfire rifles