Tikka/Howa/270/308 - What to buy?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: What to buy?

Post by bigrich » 12 Mar 2018, 8:21 pm

6.5x55 does everything gilmc . still kicking myself for not buying a omark set up in that calibre off SSAA gun sales
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by gilmc » 14 Mar 2018, 6:55 pm

Looking at all the options I ended up buying a tikka t3x lite s/s .223 with a 1:12 twist with a few extras (cost of new barrel not much different to buying new). Now have to wait the 28 days before I can pick it up. Also got a good price for a trade in on the old tikka so I’m very happy how it all turned out. The Shooters Warehouse in Mitchell were brilliant and the the sales guy Oliver was extremely helpful and couldn’t do enough, had issues with this place in the past and heard many bad reports but this time they were brilliant. Looking forward to trying it out in 4 weeks!
gilmc
Recruit
Recruit

Australian Capital Territory

Post by bigrich » 14 Mar 2018, 7:05 pm

hey gilmc, a mate of mine has tikka t3 lite s/s in 223 and 300 win mag. both are very accurate and virtually indistructable . good choice . enjoy mate
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Gwion » 14 Mar 2018, 9:43 pm

Vertually indestructable?
Challenge accepted! When are you heading to Tas? :lol:

*joke: i don't like exploding rifles....
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by bigrich » 15 Mar 2018, 6:52 am

Gwion wrote:Vertually indestructable?
Challenge accepted! When are you heading to Tas? :lol:

*joke: i don't like exploding rifles....

My mate is hard on his rifles, they've been dropped, left in the rain, stocks been driven over and he doesn't believe in cleaning them ! And they still shoot very well. Anyone remember Toyota hilux add with the " breaker brothers " ? He's like that :lol:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Gwion » 15 Mar 2018, 8:06 am

:friends: I have a certain reputation in some circles for testing equupment to failure...
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by gilmc » 17 Mar 2018, 6:46 pm

For those that may be interested in the response I got from Barretta when I asked about a replacement barrel.

“Sako will not allow us to fit barrels. Your rifle would need to go back to Finland.

Approx turn around time is 12months and $1500”
gilmc
Recruit
Recruit

Australian Capital Territory

Post by Stix » 17 Mar 2018, 9:43 pm

gilmc wrote:For those that may be interested in the response I got from Barretta when I asked about a replacement barrel.

“Sako will not allow us to fit barrels. Your rifle would need to go back to Finland.

Approx turn around time is 12months and $1500”

Thats great...thanks for posting...
But how long have you had the rifle mate...?
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 17 Mar 2018, 10:10 pm

is that over the top qaulity control or what ? gotta love scandanavian /german anal retentiveness for attention to detail ! :lol:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Stix » 17 Mar 2018, 10:35 pm

bigrich wrote:is that over the top qaulity control or what ? gotta love scandanavian /german anal retentiveness for attention to detail ! :lol:

Beretta just replace the entire rifle if its proven for something to be wrong with it...they dont repair in Aust to the best of my knowledge...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Return to Centerfire rifles