Weatherby Vanguard S2 or Tikka TX3 Lite?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Weatherby Vanguard S2 or Tikka TX3 Lite?

Post by bigfellascott » 30 Mar 2018, 1:14 pm

RoginaJack wrote:Hell yeah, I was getting better groups than that, straight out of the box and PPU ammo.

This is 5 rounds at 100 yds with reloads from "Gold Coast Reloads". And at Belmont, the usual L to R breeze...

groupshoot..jpg

You can tell the Tikka is a working mans firearm - Can only afford 2c as a marker.... :lol:

Yeah I'm sure once I get reloading it will be a shooter (well shoot good enough to hunt reliably with anyway) only really use it for pigs and deer so just need it to be consistent with the first shot and to be fair I don't think I've tried anything else in it other than the 130's so it might want something heavier? either way I'm sure I will get it sorted without too much fuss.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bigfellascott » 30 Mar 2018, 1:25 pm

RoginaJack wrote:Hell yeah, I was getting better groups than that, straight out of the box and PPU ammo.

This is 5 rounds at 100 yds with reloads from "Gold Coast Reloads". And at Belmont, the usual L to R breeze...

groupshoot..jpg

You can tell the Tikka is a working mans firearm - Can only afford 2c as a marker.... :lol:

I'm a Howa Owner so can afford a 5c piece :lol: (the larger holes have 3 shots in it and 1 single hole) 4 shot groups - 2 different brands of factory ammo.

bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by SCJ429 » 30 Mar 2018, 1:47 pm

My vote and choice was a Tikka, barrels are great, better trigger that you can easily adjust yourself. I have a Nightfoce 42x on mine but your eyes are probably a bit younger than mine.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by RoginaJack » 30 Mar 2018, 3:34 pm

SCJ429 wrote:My vote and choice was a Tikka, barrels are great, better trigger that you can easily adjust yourself. I have a Nightfoce 42x on mine but your eyes are probably a bit younger than mine.

42X! Far out, you'd be able to spot the nits on the fleas at 500yds.! 8-)
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by SCJ429 » 30 Mar 2018, 5:25 pm

I can see my 223 bullet holes at 500 and you can wind the magnification back to 12x for a wider field of view. They do make a 32x if you prefer. I have seen a few Howa or Weatherby Vanguards that shoot OK but I have been impressed by every Tikka Varmint rifle I have got my hands on. Most accurate factory rifle you can get for under 2 grand. The only modification I have made is a Yo Dave trigger Spring which I fitted myself.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 30 Mar 2018, 7:34 pm

If your going to shoot bunnies for tucker you'll have to shoot them in the head or else to much damage too usable meat will result.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Return to Centerfire rifles