.204 owners - Want to hear your experience & recommendations

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Want to hear from .204 owners about their experiences an

Post by Daddybang » 22 May 2018, 6:51 am

brett1868 wrote:How can it be that crows are game on but the filthy bin chickens are game over?

Crazy rules!!! :lol: :drinks:
Under the act up here even some species of invertebrates(spiders scorpions etc) are protected!!!!! :crazy: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by sungazer » 22 May 2018, 2:57 pm

From memory only and that can be bad at times I think in Vic all birds must be shot with a shotgun. i think it is put the other way around and says something like all bird species if not protected must not be shot with a single projectile gun. I could be way off and know a lot of sheep farmers and vineyards have lots of problems with them. the Raven with the white on the wings however just as bad but not as prevalent is definitely a native and protected.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Bruiser64 » 03 Nov 2018, 9:25 am

Just thought I would give an update on the .204 now that I’ve had it for a while. I am very happy with the caliber and the rifle I bought. The recoil is mild and the 40 grain Vmax projies are very effective when head shooting Roos. I have the savage Model 25 Walking Varminter with the thumbhole stock. I am very happy with the accuracy of the rifle as well. I mainly spotlight out of my vehicle shooting off a Racken Rest. I am very confident with this setup. I have shot Roos, rabbits and foxes and it has been a highly effective caliber and rifle. If it is really windy, I prefer to use my .243 when shooting Roos though. Overall The .204 savage is a keeper for me.
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 04 Nov 2018, 11:49 am

Bruiser64 wrote:Just thought I would give an update on the .204 now that I’ve had it for a while. I am very happy with the caliber and the rifle I bought. The recoil is mild and the 40 grain Vmax projies are very effective when head shooting Roos. I have the savage Model 25 Walking Varminter with the thumbhole stock. I am very happy with the accuracy of the rifle as well. I mainly spotlight out of my vehicle shooting off a Racken Rest. I am very confident with this setup. I have shot Roos, rabbits and foxes and it has been a highly effective caliber and rifle. If it is really windy, I prefer to use my .243 when shooting Roos though. Overall The .204 savage is a keeper for me.

Good to hear mate, I certainly enjoy using mine. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Previous

Return to Centerfire rifles