When does the RPR Arrive?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

When does the RPR Arrive?

Post by Justin9mm » 06 Apr 2018, 12:39 pm

Hi All,

Anyone have any inside info on when we will see the Ruger Precision Rimfire arrive on our Australian shelves? I already know it is due mid year June-July but I saw a dealer ad on one of our used gun sites, can't find it now, but it was advertising that they still have 10 RPR's left available for pre-order and arriving early May.

It seems early and I have one on pre-order so would love to know if I'm going to get this sooner than expected!

Also, anyone else have this on pre-order? I was going to go the new Tikka but I love the 'Tacticool' look of the Ruger for the price!
Justin9mm
Private
Private

Victoria

Re: When does the RPR Arrive?

Post by bladeracer » 06 Apr 2018, 1:48 pm

Justin9mm wrote:Hi All,

Anyone have any inside info on when we will see the Ruger Precision Rimfire arrive on our Australian shelves? I already know it is due mid year June-July but I saw a dealer ad on one of our used gun sites, can't find it now, but it was advertising that they still have 10 RPR's left available for pre-order and arriving early May.

It seems early and I have one on pre-order so would love to know if I'm going to get this sooner than expected!

Also, anyone else have this on pre-order? I was going to go the new Tikka but I love the 'Tacticool' look of the Ruger for the price!

I haven't pre-ordered it as I'm in no hurry. I'll pick one up when they arrive, or wait for the next batch.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by MJW380 » 06 Apr 2018, 6:10 pm

I was going to move my CZ 452 on and get a Lithgow la101, but am now planning on holding off till I get a look at both the RPR and the tikka, I guess it’ll come down to which one “feels” better in the hand. I’d be interested in the size of both rifles as well, with the tikka being a full size rifle
MJW380
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by scoobs » 06 Apr 2018, 6:51 pm

i looked into it and it looks like first shipment comes july. and approx 300 already have names to them apparently.
so i went the LA101 instead
Tikka t3x super lite stainless .308/Nikon M-308 4-16x42 BDC-800.
Tikka T3X varmint stainless 22-250/Bushnell Trophy Extreme 6-24x50.
Lithgow LA101 22LR/bushnell rimfire 3-12x40
Adler a110 12Ga 20" tactical.
scoobs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Cooper » 09 Apr 2018, 2:24 pm

I order one in January. The gun shop told me there had already been 700 ordered (nation wide I guess)
Not expecting it til the middle of the year.

I've heard similar stories before though. Got told by one gun shop I have to wait a year for a particular rifle. Rang another as they had it listed on their website, thinking it was probably a mistake. Went and picked it up and for a much better price than if I had of ordered one from the other dealer.
Cooper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Justin9mm » 09 Apr 2018, 3:15 pm

Cooper wrote:I order one in January. The gun shop told me there had already been 700 ordered (nation wide I guess)
Not expecting it til the middle of the year.

I've heard similar stories before though. Got told by one gun shop I have to wait a year for a particular rifle. Rang another as they had it listed on their website, thinking it was probably a mistake. Went and picked it up and for a much better price than if I had of ordered one from the other dealer.

700 pre-orders is a lot for a firearm I guess. I wonder how many have actually been ordered in total.

I'm not really counting on it until mid-year either. I've been waiting on a HK pistol from October that was meant to arrive so I don't Trust ETA's in general. Just would be great if the May arrival date was true.
Justin9mm
Private
Private

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles