The .32 Caliber Flintlock Rifle.

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

The .32 Caliber Flintlock Rifle.

Post by Keith » 08 Apr 2018, 9:14 pm

This is my .32 caliber flintlock rifle with double set triggers. It can digest round ball & conicals. It was originally made by a friend to train my boys how to shoot, so it is a little short in the stock, but still comfortable to use. It only requires 14 grains of 3FG powder for small game, so an excellent choice for a survival rifle.
Keith.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com/
Keith
Private
Private

New South Wales

Re: The .32 Caliber Flintlock Rifle.

Post by No1Mk3 » 09 Apr 2018, 12:25 am

G'day Keith,
Nice looking rifle, I have a Thompson/Centre flintlock Hawken in 45, I find the set triggers really help with accuracy, whether field or bench, and off sticks would back it against most rifles at 75 yards. Your rear sight looks a bit forward, thought of bringing it back to improve your sight radius? Or is that a "trick" of the camera angle? Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Re: The .32 Caliber Flintlock Rifle.

Post by Keith » 09 Apr 2018, 8:39 am

No1Mk3 wrote:G'day Keith,
Nice looking rifle, I have a Thompson/Centre flintlock Hawken in 45, I find the set triggers really help with accuracy, whether field or bench, and off sticks would back it against most rifles at 75 yards. Your rear sight looks a bit forward, thought of bringing it back to improve your sight radius? Or is that a "trick" of the camera angle? Cheers.

No you are probably right, I had not really noticed. I have not used this one much & my three boys never had any problems with it. The whole rifle is shorter to fit my boys at a very young age, they still had to use a forked stick to take the weight of the barrel. At the ranges we shoot at in the forest we probably would not notice the short sight radius. A good observation though & thanks for your feedback. Appreciated.
Keith.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com/
Keith
Private
Private

New South Wales

Return to Centerfire rifles