New Addition - Howa stainless varmint 24 inch barrel .223

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: New Addition - Howa stainless varmint 24 inch barrel .22

Post by southwest shooter » 20 Apr 2018, 3:06 pm

Andrey ! :-)#&6+/ a top russian sniper in Chechnya once told me and I quote
'What is this barrel breakin b&()+/&t you speak of yes I break in barrel over the head of chechen dog ' end quote .
southwest shooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: New Addition

Post by Member-Deleted » 20 Apr 2018, 4:53 pm

bigfellascott wrote:
newgunner wrote:thats what the howa website said to do fro the breaking in procedure
1 shot then clean ,one shot clean for 10 rounds. then 2 shots and clean for 5 x 2 rounds.

Yes indeed it does, I've done the same to one of my Howas and never worried about doing to the others and they all shoot very well as a rule, some believe in doing it some don't just do what works for you I say and Allens a good fella, he will do a good job I'm sure.

Don't forget to come back and let us know how it all goes. :thumbsup:

I wish I'd done a search on the Howa website before I took mine to the range for the first time. I did a break-in procedure but nothing that detailed or prolonged. http://howa-rifles.co.uk/downloads/Howa ... cedure.pdf

At the risk of reigniting the "Windex as a bore cleaner debate", I note Howa specifically recommend using it in their rifles. Seems reasonable.
Member-Deleted

Post by southwest shooter » 26 Apr 2018, 2:34 pm

Just listen to what andrey tells you .
southwest shooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by SCJ429 » 26 Apr 2018, 7:30 pm

Stick with your break in procedures until copper fouling settles down. Every competitive shooters uses a similar method to run in match grade barrels, even more important with factory barrels that don't have that high finish. Your barrel will shoot better and foul less.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by southwest shooter » 27 Apr 2018, 7:22 pm

SCJ429 wrote:Stick with your break in procedures until copper fouling settles down. Every competitive shooters uses a similar method to run in match grade barrels, even more important with factory barrels that don't have that high finish. Your barrel will shoot better and foul less.

I just showec andrey , he asks who these people are , he says come to russia I teach shooting for free , haha he can't believe it !
southwest shooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles