my new fun in .375 ouch&ouch

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: my new fun in .375 ouch&ouch

Post by marksman » 29 Apr 2018, 2:39 pm

Marksman ill have to get some for lighter loads but ive got 100 of the speer SP BT 270gr will try them with the 2208 65gr max charge should be fun personally just loved it every time i pulled the trigger it made old mate beside me flinch and shake rust off the roof :lol:[/quote]

I bought my 375 H&H as a doner for a 300wm build but I made the mistake in shooting it first and it really shot well with the 270 gr projectiles so could not go ahead with it, the 375 H&H was made for shooting the 270 gr projectiles and I have found 2209 to be what works well with mine
I did load testing with hornady interlock 220gr bullets with 2206 to see how they went trying to get a bit better trajectory but recon the 270 gr loads are as good and easier to shoot, so this is why I have the opinion of rechambering to 375 weatherby for another 300 fps for better trajectory, it is as easy as the rechamber job on your existing barrel and shooting 375 H&H cases through it, jobs done, a truthfully worthwhile improvement :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles