No.4 Mk1 chassis

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

No.4 Mk1 chassis

Post by bladeracer » 24 Apr 2018, 1:43 pm

This came up in my FB feed today.
https://www.facebook.com/servaltacticalgear/?hc_ref=ARR1tSsFqxEbK91tPffPbhWElPM3dErB8eSmT2lcHOJb99rAlgH4kBFFS0fOCjwONBA&fref=nf

Serval Tactical.JPG
Serval Tactical.JPG (57.31 KiB) Viewed 8457 times
Serval Tactical 0.JPG
Serval Tactical 0.JPG (42.93 KiB) Viewed 8457 times
Serval Tactical 1.JPG
Serval Tactical 1.JPG (100.95 KiB) Viewed 8457 times
Serval Tactical 2.JPG
Serval Tactical 2.JPG (187.92 KiB) Viewed 8457 times
Serval Tactical 3.JPG
Serval Tactical 3.JPG (522.95 KiB) Viewed 8457 times
Serval Tactical 4.JPG
Serval Tactical 4.JPG (122.74 KiB) Viewed 8457 times
Serval Tactical 5.JPG
Serval Tactical 5.JPG (114.22 KiB) Viewed 8457 times
Serval Tactical 6.JPG
Serval Tactical 6.JPG (94 KiB) Viewed 8457 times
Serval Tactical 7.JPG
Serval Tactical 7.JPG (107.82 KiB) Viewed 8457 times
Serval Tactical 8.JPG
Serval Tactical 8.JPG (85.49 KiB) Viewed 8457 times
Serval Tactical 9.JPG
Serval Tactical 9.JPG (100.59 KiB) Viewed 8457 times
Serval Tactical 10.JPG
Serval Tactical 10.JPG (548.43 KiB) Viewed 8457 times
Serval Tactical 11.JPG
Serval Tactical 11.JPG (599.83 KiB) Viewed 8457 times
Serval Tactical 12.JPG
Serval Tactical 12.JPG (621.55 KiB) Viewed 8457 times
Serval Tactical 13.JPG
Serval Tactical 13.JPG (552.4 KiB) Viewed 8457 times
Serval Tactical 14.JPG
Serval Tactical 14.JPG (496.87 KiB) Viewed 8457 times
Serval Tactical 15.JPG
Serval Tactical 15.JPG (523.53 KiB) Viewed 8457 times
Attachments
Serval Tactical 5.JPG
Serval Tactical 5.JPG (114.22 KiB) Viewed 8457 times
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: No.4 Mk1 chassis

Post by Supaduke » 24 Apr 2018, 2:19 pm

Not sure I would want to spend all that cash to make an old warrior something it's not. But it could be a good option over a fugly bubberised stock for sure.
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 24 Apr 2018, 3:22 pm

Supaduke wrote:Not sure I would want to spend all that cash to make an old warrior something it's not. But it could be a good option over a fugly bubberised stock for sure.

Agreed, I have no idea of the price, but it looks expensive.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 24 Apr 2018, 6:51 pm

talk about trying to polish a turd :o reminds me of them so called tactical leaver guns
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 24 Apr 2018, 6:53 pm

Just no... nope... nup... nah...
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by juststarting » 24 Apr 2018, 6:56 pm

I wouldn't mind one for K31 They are pretty expensive though :( Or for my Mosin M38, because why not...
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by knowsnothin » 25 Apr 2018, 7:22 am

juststarting wrote:I wouldn't mind one for K31 They are pretty expensive though :( Or for my Mosin M38, because why not...

Hey just starting. What happened to that rifle/shotgun you were going full bubba on?
knowsnothin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by bladeracer » 25 Apr 2018, 2:24 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Supaduke wrote:Not sure I would want to spend all that cash to make an old warrior something it's not. But it could be a good option over a fugly bubberised stock for sure.

Agreed, I have no idea of the price, but it looks expensive.

Price is pretty good actually - A$755.
Attachments
Serval Tactical 16.JPG
Serval Tactical 16.JPG (35.78 KiB) Viewed 8314 times
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 02 May 2018, 11:36 am

deye243 wrote:talk about trying to polish a turd :o reminds me of them so called tactical leaver guns
Those POS mosins' and carcanos' are turds, NOT the No4 lee Enfield.......still, trying to make a "tactical " out of one is nearly as ugly as my mother in law. For what your paying, just get a No5 Carbine, unless you have fallen victim to the brain dead mindset of making a bolt action into something that is nothing more than a sad imitation of a self loader. It's your money, and possibly your credibility, and eventually your sanity.........
Member-Deleted

Post by bladeracer » 02 May 2018, 4:18 pm

aradoar234 wrote:
deye243 wrote:talk about trying to polish a turd :o reminds me of them so called tactical leaver guns
Those POS mosins' and carcanos' are turds, NOT the No4 lee Enfield.......still, trying to make a "tactical " out of one is nearly as ugly as my mother in law. For what your paying, just get a No5 Carbine, unless you have fallen victim to the brain dead mindset of making a bolt action into something that is nothing more than a sad imitation of a self loader. It's your money, and possibly your credibility, and eventually your sanity.........

But I enjoy shooting my Carcano way more than my No.4 Mk1, I even enjoy shooting my Mosin-Nagant more than the No.4. Actually, thinking about it now, the No.4 is at the bottom of the list of my (currently seven) milsurps for shooting pleasure. I haven't got an Arisaka as yet but I'm sure that will be more enjoyable also. I love shooting the M1904/39 Vergiero almost as much as the Carcano. The No.4 feels like I'm lugging around a hunk of two-by-four.

Perhaps the famed "three-oh-three" is not as great a rifle as one-eyed fans like to think?

The little Carcano is an absolute joy to shoot and to carry.

As for the term "tactical", or "3. of or relating to a maneuver or plan of action designed as an expedient toward gaining a desired end or temporary advantage.", I can't see how anybody could convolute the term to denigrate the choices of fellow shooters. It seems to me that anybody not applying "tactical thought" to their firearms' usage is going to be a step behind the herd.

As for the chassis being "...a sad imitation of a self-loader.", all of my modern rifles are in chassis, and I haven't noticed them imitating semi-auto rifles, not even slightly. They're still bolt-action rifles, but with greatly enhanced ergonomics, and improved accuracy. But if nonsensical ranting is what gets you through the day, you go right ahead.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 03 May 2018, 11:10 am

You obviously don't appreciate my black sense of humour........I suspect one of the reasons its is not as much fun any more is that too many of us take things a bit too seriously. On the other hand, anyone who picks a carcano ( "dropped once, never fired") over a No 4 rifle must have a sense of humour somewhere. If you want to seriously discuss something though, insulting someone for making light of a subject is not the way to do it. I've owned and used literally hundreds of ex military rifles over the years, from real clunkers to top notch snipers, and also hunted and shot countless Buffalo, wild boar, deer etc with them, and I can categorically state, that the carcano and mosin are at the bottom of my list, while the Lee Enfield, P14/M17, Mauser 98 and 96 and Arisaka are at the top, along with the 03-A3 Springfield. Also, the 303, 30-06, 8mm and my personal favourite, the 7mm Mauser, are better calibres than anything out of Russia or Italy. The 7.7 jap is also pretty good, similar to the 303 chambered in a Mauser.

While it is still a relatively free country, I think I am entitled to my opinion....
Member-Deleted

Post by bladeracer » 03 May 2018, 2:11 pm

aradoar234 wrote:You obviously don't appreciate my black sense of humour........I suspect one of the reasons its is not as much fun any more is that too many of us take things a bit too seriously. On the other hand, anyone who picks a carcano ( "dropped once, never fired") over a No 4 rifle must have a sense of humour somewhere. If you want to seriously discuss something though, insulting someone for making light of a subject is not the way to do it. I've owned and used literally hundreds of ex military rifles over the years, from real clunkers to top notch snipers, and also hunted and shot countless Buffalo, wild boar, deer etc with them, and I can categorically state, that the carcano and mosin are at the bottom of my list, while the Lee Enfield, P14/M17, Mauser 98 and 96 and Arisaka are at the top, along with the 03-A3 Springfield. Also, the 303, 30-06, 8mm and my personal favourite, the 7mm Mauser, are better calibres than anything out of Russia or Italy. The 7.7 jap is also pretty good, similar to the 303 chambered in a Mauser.

While it is still a relatively free country, I think I am entitled to my opinion....

Where did I insult you or suggest you couldn't voice your opinion?
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 03 May 2018, 9:53 pm

Maybe this is a stupid question...but what happened there.?..did he leave or get booted off...?
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 03 May 2018, 10:01 pm

Stix wrote:Maybe this is a stupid question...but what happened there.?..did he leave or get booted off...?

I just noticed that, maybe he just opted out?
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles