Anyone have experience with winchester backorder wait times?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Anyone have experience with winchester backorder wait times?

Post by Kelsey Cooter » 19 May 2018, 9:21 am

So I decided to order a 1892 short 44mag from winchester this week, LGS said there were 32 of the same rifle on backorder before I ordered mine. Just wondering if anyone has had rifles on order from winchester before and how long it tends to take?
Kelsey Cooter
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Anyone have experience with winchester backorder wait ti

Post by Mitch » 19 May 2018, 10:38 am

I ordered a model 70 august last year. I just got it a week ago.
Mitch
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Beaver action » 19 May 2018, 3:34 pm

yes, waiting since shot show last year for 2x .243 xpr magazines.
Beaver action
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 19 May 2018, 5:17 pm

hey mitch, what model 70 did you order ? post a product review if ya can. i been gettin' a twitch for another 70 chinwester........ :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Mitch » 19 May 2018, 8:41 pm

Got an extreme weather in 270
Mitch
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by cracker » 19 May 2018, 8:52 pm

was after a model 70 winchester in 375h&h last year couldnt give me a waiting time.. so i thought id hold out for a 2nd hand one... and one came up 3 weeks later...
cracker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Bigjobss » 20 May 2018, 11:50 am

bigrich wrote:hey mitch, what model 70 did you order ? post a product review if ya can. i been gettin' a twitch for another 70 chinwester........ :thumbsup:

I've had my featherweight in 300wm now for 2 years and love it. It feels like a trusty old gun in your hands, build quality and tolerances are exceptional.
Bigjobss

Post by bigrich » 20 May 2018, 5:43 pm

Mitch wrote:Got an extreme weather in 270

be very interested to hear a review on this. very nice :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by sungazer » 20 May 2018, 7:06 pm

Kelsey Cooter wrote:So I decided to order a 1892 short 44mag from winchester this week, LGS said there were 32 of the same rifle on backorder before I ordered mine. Just wondering if anyone has had rifles on order from winchester before and how long it tends to take?

Find out how many have actually been ordered and then how many have really been shipped. You may find the numbers may run into years. when i bought my Sako it was on backorder and I secured one of the shipment a week or two later that shipment had all been sold and there were more on backorder 2 months before mine arrived. It seemed the list was getting longer and the wait longer for those people. The LG Stores are not without blame and dont really hold much stock or order any stock until it is sold.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Kelsey Cooter » 22 May 2018, 8:04 am

So just to update, I emailed winchester Australia and they told me Id be looking at end of 2018. But then, a day later I found the same rifle second hand in like new condition, so Iv ended up buying it and cancelling my order
Kelsey Cooter
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 22 May 2018, 4:35 pm

Kelsey Cooter wrote:So just to update, I emailed winchester Australia and they told me Id be looking at end of 2018. But then, a day later I found the same rifle second hand in like new condition, so Iv ended up buying it and cancelling my order

This is why I will not order firearms. Everything I've wanted I've been able to find second hand even if it's taken a little while to locate I've never had to search for longer than a month or so ! :thumbsup: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by jovialjosie2002 » 29 May 2018, 7:36 pm

I waited for 3 months for a cz527 that they actually HAD IN STOCK!!!!!!
My local gun store said that they have only got one person in despatch working on deliveries of back orders. That person only spends half the day doing back orders, hence the long wait for your gun.
Their service for repairs was much better and each time my heap of $$^& cz527 has been back to Winchester to be fixed it only takes about 10 business days. I live in Brisbane, thats about 3 days freight time, so their repairs division is much better.
jovialjosie2002
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by madang55 » 10 Jun 2018, 11:21 am

Ask any dealer their opinion
My wife knows me well.
The dog often reminds me of that
madang55
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by No1_49er » 10 Jun 2018, 11:56 am

sungazer wrote: The LG Stores are not without blame and dont really hold much stock or order any stock until it is sold.

Perhaps it's a little unreasonable to blame the LGS. Unless they have a seriously large financial backing they can't really be called out for not holding stock of rifle/s that might sell, at some time in the future, maybe years after adding it to their inventory. Money sitting in the wrack.

The other problem we face here is the tyranny of distance. The importer is hardly likely to order one or two for dribs and drabs orders that come in. Perfectly reasonable, and practical, to wait until they have what would be a reasonable order quantity, say 20 or 50 or some such.
That may be seen as an inconvenience for you, but you also have to consider the financial outlay for the LGS, and the practicality of the importer dealing with Customs/Border Force attending to one large consignment rather than a multitude of small ones.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Return to Centerfire rifles