Recommendations for nice, classic .22 LR

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: Recommendations for nice, classic .22 LR

Post by marksman » 29 May 2018, 4:17 pm

NTSOG wrote:G'day,

Then there is this Model 5 in SA for a bit of BRNO variation from ''boring'' Model ones and twos:

https://www.adelaidegunshop.com.au/seco ... p-no-av032

Jim

I like the model 5's but this one is incomplete :unknown:
I like the model 2's as well, that's why I have a couple but the sight setup on the model one is really classic :drinks: model 2's are pretty standard :lol:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 29 May 2018, 4:34 pm

only real thing that annoyed me about my cz 452 was having to mount the scope high because of 90 degree bolt throw, hey, did i mention krico's have a 60 degree bolt throw so the scope sits nicer and ya don't knock the scope with ya finger tips working the bolt. :sarcasm: :lol: :lol: :drinks:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by deanp100 » 29 May 2018, 6:17 pm

Sportco 10a just up on ozgunsales for $245. These things are rock solid and is the same action used in the sportco hornet so it is over engineered for a rimfire. One of the first sportco models made and ready to go. The 63a is a more refined rifle but these are strong.
deanp100
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by allan » 31 May 2018, 2:18 pm

deanp100 wrote:Sportco 10a just up on ozgunsales for $245. These things are rock solid and is the same action used in the sportco hornet so it is over engineered for a rimfire. One of the first sportco models made and ready to go. The 63a is a more refined rifle but these are strong.

Agreed! Hey Deano, I've been selling off some of my collection this year - My 63A is gone so I hope the new owner likes it.
Here's another iron sighted rifle I'd look at if quality at an affordable price is in the mix:
https://www.usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=124226
allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Post by deanp100 » 31 May 2018, 6:19 pm

allan wrote:
deanp100 wrote:Sportco 10a just up on ozgunsales for $245. These things are rock solid and is the same action used in the sportco hornet so it is over engineered for a rimfire. One of the first sportco models made and ready to go. The 63a is a more refined rifle but these are strong.

Agreed! Hey Deano, I've been selling off some of my collection this year - My 63A is gone so I hope the new owner likes it.
Here's another iron sighted rifle I'd look at if quality at an affordable price is in the mix:
https://www.usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=124226[/quote

What!! I thought you said you sold your 63a buf I know that wouldn’t be true. I am having a bit of a fund raising clean out as well. I bought a new cz 452 and it makes some of the farmer guns feel a bit rough. You must have sold privately as I didn’t see it anywhere and I look a lot.

Deano
deanp100
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Rayboy » 31 Mar 2021, 5:22 pm

After having a Sportco 93S with a 10 shot mag for 54 years you would have to try hard to get a better rifle
The only problem I found was if you left it cocked for a long period in the cupboard the fitting around the trigger broke
Rayboy
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by zhuk » 02 Apr 2021, 9:54 am

Daddybang wrote:
juststarting wrote:
Daddybang wrote:94/22 :thumbsup: :drinks:

91/30!

Did the russkis make it in .22 cause that's one I could get behind? :unknown: :lol: :drinks:

The Poles did a .22 trainer in the 50s. Wz-48, housed in an M38 stock (their service rifle at the time)

zhuk
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by zhuk » 02 Apr 2021, 10:08 am

bigrich wrote:only real thing that annoyed me about my cz 452 was having to mount the scope high because of 90 degree bolt throw, hey, did i mention krico's have a 60 degree bolt throw so the scope sits nicer and ya don't knock the scope with ya finger tips working the bolt. :sarcasm: :lol: :lol: :drinks:

Hear you on that. I have this nifty lil cheek riser on my model 2E (called the 'Accu-Riser 6000' made by a yank company The Leatherman) which brings it up to a perfect cheek weld. Two sizes of rubber blocks on the top, 5/8" and 1". Bolt throw is unimpeded.

zhuk
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Previous

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles