Interesting finding with Hornsby elec scales

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Re: Interesting finding with Hornsby elec scales

Post by SCJ429 » 09 Oct 2019, 7:02 pm

I am betting that if you grab those 40 grain Vmax and 27.5 grain of 2206H give or take a couple of tenths you should get a pretty good result. Using a16x scope is going to make it more challenging and be gentle with those collet dies.
SCJ429
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by Stix » 09 Oct 2019, 8:09 pm

SCJ429 wrote:I am betting that if you grab those 40 grain Vmax and 27.5 grain of 2206H give or take a couple of tenths you should get a pretty good result. Using a16x scope is going to make it more challenging and be gentle with those collet dies.

You know ive got a bottle of 2206h & have not had good results with it in the other 204, a 222, & 2x 22-250's... :roll:

So i got myself a bottle of the 8208 for thjis rifle...i figured ill go for full cases & try get some serios speed out of this one...as the other one is loaded so very mildly...
I want to join the Marksman & SCJ speed demon club... :lol:

Dont bother talking me out of it--its getting stuffed with BM 8208...!!...& if the rifle doesnt like it, its gonna be your fault...!!... 8-)
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Major
Major

South Australia

Post by SCJ429 » 10 Oct 2019, 9:04 am

You can get some more speed with 2206h with more powder than with 27.5 but I didn't bother chasing the next node.

You should get some pretty good results out of 8208, speed should be similar to 2206.

What make is this rifle?
SCJ429
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by Stix » 10 Oct 2019, 1:32 pm

SCJ429 wrote:You can get some more speed with 2206h with more powder than with 27.5 but I didn't bother chasing the next node.

You should get some pretty good results out of 8208, speed should be similar to 2206.

What make is this rifle?

Same as yours...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Major
Major

South Australia

Post by Stix » 10 Oct 2019, 1:36 pm

marksman wrote:as you know Stix I am a big fan of the lee collet dies :thumbsup: :drinks:

https://www.ozgunmart.com.au/lee-collet-2-die-sets

Yes Marksman... :)

Hopefully ill get some time to get these collet dies happening...

Have you used those guys before...?-(Oz Gun Mart)-?...

If so, any good...?? :unknown:

Ive contacted them over a week ago about something else & again about these dies & not had a response :unknown: , so i ordered the dies from someone else...
I ordered something small from them to see if they are any good--hopefully they are more responsive with money in their account...we'll see...
Stix
Major
Major

South Australia

Post by marksman » 10 Oct 2019, 2:03 pm

I have and it was ok but I would not buy off anyone who did not respond to an email, they dont want your money :thumbsdown:

ebay is more secure https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lee-Collet- ... ctupt=true
marksman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Ziad » 10 Oct 2019, 5:03 pm

I have bought off him and midway on eBay. Both no issues.

But he always is slack with replying when i have asked a Q... usually with an excuse that he was sick or similar
Blame it on the phone auto correct
Ziad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Previous

Return to Reloading ammunition