ADI Propellant Update

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Re: ADI Propellant Update

Post by mickb » 24 May 2024, 7:07 pm

The elephant in the room is now so large the house is basically an elephant wearing a curtain . I just hope this humidity which indian plants in the 3rd world tropics can handle :lol: doesnt cripple an advanced 1st world plant in what is essentially dry arse semiarid woodland. :crazy:
Good heavens it would be more believable if they said an army of trans people had chained themselves to production lines for 4 years straight.
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by Jackaroo » 24 May 2024, 8:04 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Well, well. Interesting finds there Jackeroo. Well done.

Haven't read all of the audit. However, the stand out appears to me is that the department of Defence couldn't run a project to build an out house. Sooo, nothing new there.

You just have to look at their history in this regard.

Edit: The original production line was built in about two years during the war when there were man power shortages and almost zero local knowledge. The yanks helped out there in a big way. Here we are now, what, 10 years and we can't build a new production line/facility. IMO that's pathetic.

And to add, we tell the whole world we can't do it and where all our defence facilities are.

Its a sad situation isn't it, to think we were once known and envied as the 'Lucky Country'.
Jackaroo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by deye243 » 24 May 2024, 11:10 pm

mickb wrote:The elephant in the room is now so large the house is basically an elephant wearing a curtain . I just hope this humidity which indian plants in the 3rd world tropics can handle :lol: doesnt cripple an advanced 1st world plant in what is essentially dry arse semiarid woodland. :crazy:
Good heavens it would be more believable if they said an army of trans people had chained themselves to production lines for 4 years straight.

Yep ......
I still say they are still making it but shipping ALL of it to Europe
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 25 May 2024, 8:18 am

deye243 wrote:
mickb wrote:The elephant in the room is now so large the house is basically an elephant wearing a curtain . I just hope this humidity which indian plants in the 3rd world tropics can handle :lol: doesnt cripple an advanced 1st world plant in what is essentially dry arse semiarid woodland. :crazy:

Yep ......

Problem with that theory is the shortage started long before Ukraine war.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 25 May 2024, 12:26 pm

There are two production lines.
A. For rifle powders. (Single base) Is still operating at capacity.
B. The other one for shotgun and pistol powders (double base) no longer exists.
C. The new line for shotgun and pistol powders (single base) isn't producing. Supposedly due to a "drying" issue.

https://www.ssaa.org.au/?ss_news=keep-y ... ply-riddle

https://www.gunsandammo.com/editorial/t ... ink/330463

More here:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smokeless_powder
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by mickb » 25 May 2024, 4:16 pm

The ukraine war is surely milked enough now the average person is seeing through it, surely. Everything in the world being short and doubling in price due to a squabble between two ex-soviet dumps, niether even a top 10 economy??

Good heavens, if we believe that, we have basically given the worlds richest the keys to our bank accounts. They have already taken half our money( literally, our money has only half the buying power of a few years ago) and doubled theirs. They didnt just get richer, they invented new levels of rich.

If we have another war they are going to need a jockey wheel on their smartphones just to see their bank balance it will be so long.. Meanwhile I'm paying $9 a can of mens deodorant, 2x what it used to be. Hey obviously its all going overseas for those smelly soldiers fighting the war. :lol:
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by on_one_wheel » 25 May 2024, 7:30 pm

This is what happens when lawyers run governments, there's not a business brain amongst them, 99% arguing the point and squabbling and the last percent is wasted on ensuring our snack sized chocolate bars are a single serve instead of 1.3 servings... because obviously we're too retarded to work important s**t like that out for ourselves.

At least they're saving our financial asses with a $30 annual power price reduction and enough of a tax break to buy a new f***ing toaster.

Words can barely describe how badly our federal government has failed.

Anyhow, perhaps I need to up my daily fluoride dosage and forget about it all.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by deye243 » 25 May 2024, 7:32 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
deye243 wrote:

Yep ......

Problem with that theory is the shortage started long before Ukraine war.

I didn't say anything about the Ukraine war .
They have seen all this for decades.
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Jackaroo » 25 May 2024, 8:04 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
At least they're saving our financial asses with a $30 annual power price reduction and enough of a tax break to buy a new f***ing toaster.

And guess what country that toaster is made in.
Jackaroo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 25 May 2024, 8:10 pm

Fair enough deye243. I miss understood.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 25 May 2024, 8:47 pm

bladeracer wrote:Might be time to start using black instead of smokeless.

Iv been looking into that.
Screenshot_20240525_200003_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240525_200003_Chrome.jpg (103.13 KiB) Viewed 1267 times

How quickly the tides turn.

Next we'll be discussing how to convert CF to flintlock...
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 25 May 2024, 8:58 pm

Jackaroo wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:

The same country that has been working as a bunch of slaves to ensure they can undercut the western world and kill our industries.
China has been playing a very smart, 40 year game of chess against the West while the West has been playing pocket pinball with its tongue hanging out.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 26 May 2024, 5:47 am

on_one_wheel wrote:
Jackaroo wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:

The same country that has been working as a bunch of slaves to ensure they can undercut the western world and kill our industries.
China has been playing a very smart, 40 year game of chess against the West while the West has been playing pocket pinball with its tongue hanging out.

Spot on
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by No1_49er » 26 May 2024, 7:05 am

Jackaroo wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:At least they're saving our financial asses with a $30 annual power price reduction and enough of a tax break to buy a new f***ing toaster..

The same effing country that makes copies of Brno rifles - Norinco.
Worse, the same effing country that "made under licence - brewed in China", Corona beer. Remember? That Mexican stuff.
Anything for a buck.
'bout time the world voted with its wallet and stopped buying that sh!t.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 26 May 2024, 8:38 am

No1_49er wrote:
Jackaroo wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:At least they're saving our financial asses with a $30 annual power price reduction and enough of a tax break to buy a new f***ing toaster..

The same effing country that makes copies of Brno rifles - Norinco.
Worse, the same effing country that "made under licence - brewed in China", Corona beer. Remember? That Mexican stuff.
Anything for a buck.
'bout time the world voted with its wallet and stopped buying that sh!t.

Agreed. Actually I find myself agreeing with all the last half dozen posts. I hope this site is being monitored and feedback being passed up the line
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 26 May 2024, 8:38 am

We need bumper stickers

STOP FUNDING THE CCP !
DONT BUY MADE IN CHINA
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 26 May 2024, 12:06 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:We need bumper stickers

STOP FUNDING THE CCP !
DONT BUY MADE IN CHINA

i thought of my own sarcastic bumper sticker , "support communism - vote labor and buy a GWM car !" :lol:

having said that , i should get a bumper sticker "live music is better", as per the neil young bluegrass-rock song, "union man".
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Jackaroo » 26 May 2024, 1:11 pm

In the 1930's Parliaments Hansards are full or quotes similar to "All the scrap metal that we are selling to Japan cheaply is going to come back to us as bombs".

FFS they gave the 1936 Olympics to Berlin under Adolf Hitler's Nazi dictatorship................we have learnt ZERO.

It doesn't make a difference of the political party in power, they have all sold out Australia over the decades.
Jackaroo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by mickb » 26 May 2024, 2:51 pm

bigrich wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:
Jackaroo wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:

Spot on

Fellas they didnt need to kill anything. We sold our manufacture, currencies, assets and even powergrids willingly to the global markets. After the break up of the USSR we had dibs on most of the worlds business. We exchanged our soveriengnty for quick stock returns, easy money, household appliances, 3 cars per houshold and cheap toys for our fat over fed kids. We had the sweet end of all these deals because we set the prices.

Then our economies started to tank, we realised we had industries full of fluff jobs like HR reps, quality assurers, dog shampooers and animal psychologists. And the yellow man outworked us.

No point talking about clever chess matches and them killing our business etc. They are still playing by exactly the same rules we set up.
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by Oldbloke » 26 May 2024, 4:23 pm

Jackaroo wrote:In the 1930's Parliaments Hansards are full or quotes similar to "All the scrap metal that we are selling to Japan cheaply is going to come back to us as bombs".

FFS they gave the 1936 Olympics to Berlin under Adolf Hitler's Nazi dictatorship................we have learnt ZERO.

It doesn't make a difference of the political party in power, they have all sold out Australia over the decades.

Thumbs-up .jpg
Thumbs-up .jpg (13.64 KiB) Viewed 1142 times
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 26 May 2024, 4:49 pm

mickb wrote:[ They are still playing by exactly the same rules we set up.

I think you need to read Sun Tzu's The Art of War, they play by their own rules and they've played the West like a violin.
s**t they've even had and probably still have CCP members working within our own government, making decisions and signing documents, those aren't rules we've made for them to play.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 26 May 2024, 4:50 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:

I think you need to read Sun Tzu's The Art of War, they play by their own rules and they've played the West like a violin.
s**t they've even had and probably still have CCP members working within our own government, making decisions and signing documents, those aren't rules we've made for them to play.

First I've heard that. Is it proven?
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 26 May 2024, 5:07 pm

Iv got a feeling Peter Dutton might be the man for the job to sort this mess out.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 26 May 2024, 5:09 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:

Your joking? It was prime time news, they literally loaded a mob of the commy pricks onto a plane and sent them home.
I'll have a search....

OK it was tied up with this
https://www.9news.com.au/national/chine ... 4b98ea8aa1
But unfortunately it looks like everything went hush hush over night.
I can clearly remember it being reported but there's absolutely zilch on the internet.

Next time I look there'll be no evidence on the net about smart Chinese security cameras that were installed in government facilities. :unknown:
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 27 May 2024, 4:38 am

on_one_wheel wrote:Iv got a feeling Peter Dutton might be the man for the job to sort this mess out.

Yup. He seems like a no nonsense sort of fella. Well, I guess it really comes down to trying to choose the least useless out of our politicians. Dutton however isn’t exactly charismatic as far as the average potato headed citizen is concerned. It’d be awesome if Peter Dutton fixed things like John Dutton out of “Yellowstone “ penny Wong replaced by Beth Dutton as foreign minister, now that would be interesting. Sorry to those who don’t get the reference to the tv show.
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 27 May 2024, 4:43 am

on_one_wheel wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:

Your joking? It was prime time news, they literally loaded a mob of the commy pricks onto a plane and sent them home.
I'll have a search....

I can clearly remember it being reported but there's absolutely zilch on the internet.

Next time I look there'll be no evidence on the net about smart Chinese security cameras that were installed in government facilities. :unknown:

China is the biggest threat this country faces
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 27 May 2024, 6:53 am

on_one_wheel wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:

I'll have a search....

I must have missed that one.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 27 May 2024, 7:35 am

Before we all start getting 'yellow peril' fever, try to understand the significance of this frivolous image.
Attachments
image_2024-05-27_073208876.png
image_2024-05-27_073208876.png (125.33 KiB) Viewed 934 times
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by rc42 » 27 May 2024, 8:39 am

Is the significance that there is far too much propaganda in mainstream media?

Neither the US (and their puppet states like Australia) nor Chinese regimes are 'good guys' on the global stage but China's authoritarianism uses every option up to and including genocide to enforce it's will on its population.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 27 May 2024, 9:20 am

rc42 wrote:Is the significance that there is far too much propaganda in mainstream media?

Neither the US (and their puppet states like Australia) nor Chinese regimes are 'good guys' on the global stage but China's authoritarianism uses every option up to and including genocide to enforce it's will on its population.

Absolutely. Infiltration of our government and infrastructure is a big warning. The fact we’ve had interference in our universities from embassy “staff” is also very concerning. Not to mention the covert police stations set up in countries internationally
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

PreviousNext

Return to Reloading ammunition