Reloading Tightarse Bargain Thread

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Re: Reloading Tightarse Bargain Thread

Post by Wapiti » 19 Oct 2024, 8:21 pm

Crikey Bluehorse, all true mate but those around you won't try and fix it. Most just bash away at a keyboard, that's their way of feeling good about complaining.
The only thing that will reset this "computer" is a worldwide reset... I mean a War. Not some evil lunatic wearing a spacesuit in the WEF.
Wapiti
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: Reloading Tightarse Bargain Thread

Post by Wapiti » 20 Oct 2024, 8:45 am

For some great low-cost (compared to others) reloadable cases, even unprimed cases, keep an eye out for the PPU stuff.

Cleavers often has some interesting ammo and cases at great prices, and cases can be sent through the mail for those interstate or people like us that live inconveniently far from the coast.

I've used hundreds and hundreds of the $49.95/100 308 cases ($66 now) because I lose so many, and quite frankly, when checking capacities, neck concenticity and overall circumferential thickness, they are better than big US name stuff twice the price.
I even took advantage of a super-special where they had 338 Lapua 250gn HPBT match ammo for $39.90/10, which can be half the price of 10 Hornady or Lapua brand EMPTY unprimed cases, let alone loaded stuff. And when shooting casually ringing gongs I've got set up on a number of ridgetops way out, it's incredible value.

Not much good for those who like the latest boutique cartridges, but for people like us that run the older stuff that does the job the same like 222, 223, 243, 6.5x55 308, 338L etc, it's great value.
And for the 7mm's and 303 in the ex-mil stuff, what else is as good?
Also as far as reloading handgun ammo goes, forget it now as we personally use the 9mm 124gn hollow point and 44mag 240gn HP on the farm and it shoots as good as any of my reloads ever did, mushroom in game great and probably now for the same cost with the silly rises in unobtainium powders and high primer prices.

Just a thought. High prices now are pretty hard to get around anymore.
Wapiti
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Previous

Return to Reloading ammunition