Sudden bout of reloading depression

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Sudden bout of reloading depression

Post by Stix » 15 Sep 2018, 1:26 pm

:x :x :x
FFS...

There i am standing at the reloading bench...

On the edge of the bench i have a container of cases nearly all the way through a tedious beauty make-over...
The cases are all dirtly & covered in lube, but freshly bumped trimmed chamferred fully prepped beautiful looking formed 204 cases about to go in the wet tumbler for their final skin exfoliation & come out looking like gods little angels...

I have an mtm case with 100 other cases of a different cartridge in it sitting on the seat, with one of those cases sitting on the bench BEHIND the container of fresh 204 cases...

Eager to get the sized cases in the wet tumbler, i rapidly reach over the container & grab the other case to put it back in its batch sitting on the seat...

In my hurried excited haste to return the other case to its box so i can set the tumbler up, my hand hits the edge of the container, :wtf: :shock: :shock: sending 49 fresh siized & prepped 204 cases flying accross the room, :wtf: :shock: :? in what i can only describe as being like that slow motion effect used in movies to bring exclamation to a disastrous turning point in the fight to save the human race ... :thumbsdown:

They flew past me fast enough for me to not even be able to catch one of them...yet they flew slow enough for me go into a sudden bout of depression before the first one even hit the ground. :(

And that sound of all that delicate brass pinging across the floor..."oh the humanity"....

Somehow i just knew the room would eat one or 2 of them...& what do you know...in over 10 minutes of looking for them, i cant find one...

I have however found the ONE live primer i couldnt find when desperately needed it to finish priming a batch of cases recently...

We all know that once its all forgotton, & ive just packed everything away from loading these cases, that ill walk back in the room to lock up the fresh loaded batch & the case will be sitting right infront of me, all dirty, cold lonely & emotional tormenting me ...!!!

Thanks for listening...& go easy...the trauma is still fresh...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Re: Sudden bout of reloading depression

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 15 Sep 2018, 3:32 pm

That my dear friend is reloading OCD. I have heard of bad things about this disease
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 15 Sep 2018, 3:48 pm

oh dear stix, that's a shocking tale of woe ! well, 'ole Baron Von Krico , Phd, MBE, OCD, has the solution. i hereby prescribe three (or more if it's a serious case) of "coopers pale ale" in 750 ml "tallies" (or long necks as their known in other states ). find a nice comfy chair and consume the prescibed dose while listening to your favorite relax music ( pink floyd "dark side of the moon" or "animals" are my theraputic tunes ). after a half hour of medicating tell yourself "in the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter " . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Stix » 15 Sep 2018, 4:54 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thats what i like..A doctor who fels my pain...!! :lol:

And thats what i keep telling my doctor too--alchomohol DOES work...!!! :lol: Thanks Dr Rich...!! :thumbsup:

I still havnt found that bludy case either... :lol: :lol: :lol:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 15 Sep 2018, 7:50 pm

I had dozens of freshly-loaded development rounds in order of charge weight...that I knocked off the bench :-)
Normally I write on each round what the charge is, but for once I didn't have a pen handy so I simply put them in order in an MTM box.
Made for interesting testing - I videoed the bullets hitting the targets and recorded their velocities. Then later went laboriously through the video marking the velocity for each impact to be able to work out where the groups were.
I have since bought _bulk_ marking pens!
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 15 Sep 2018, 9:09 pm

bladeracer wrote:I had dozens of freshly-loaded development rounds in order of charge weight...that I knocked off the bench :-)
Normally I write on each round what the charge is, but for once I didn't have a pen handy so I simply put them in order in an MTM box.
Made for interesting testing - I videoed the bullets hitting the targets and recorded their velocities. Then later went laboriously through the video marking the velocity for each impact to be able to work out where the groups were.
I have since bought _bulk_ marking pens!

that's a good idea writing on the case with a marker what the charge weight is. cheers :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 15 Sep 2018, 9:11 pm

I was doing that, but then it wasn't coming off 100%. So now I am writing on the projectile. Not sure if it's better or worse
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 16 Sep 2018, 4:41 am

Ziad wrote:I was doing that, but then it wasn't coming off 100%. So now I am writing on the projectile. Not sure if it's better or worse

i'd need a microscope to see that on 222 projectiles with my eyes, but at least whatever feral i hit will know what it's bin hit with :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 16 Sep 2018, 7:28 am

Well I suppose 308 or 284 projectile hss a bit of real estate compared to the 222 haha
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 16 Sep 2018, 8:54 am

Yeh. I used to put them in a ziplock plastic bag but have been writing the load on the case for a couple of years. Works for me.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 16 Sep 2018, 9:30 am

I think if you reload long enough these sorts of things happen and you will have setbacks. I have ran into them recently with construction of an addition where my reloading stuff is making thing difficult to do anything and then having issues with my new Hornady progressive and also a backlog of thousands of cases in various stages of prep sitting on another table. Basically I decided to take a break for now and in a month or two when everything calms down then I will be back at it.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Return to Reloading ammunition