Weight Batching Brass

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Re: Weight Batching Brass

Post by bigfellascott » 29 Oct 2018, 7:39 pm

Stix wrote:Nice group big fella.

Im with Gaz & i need all the help i can get.

If my rifle did what yours does with any brass & bugger all prep i wouldnt bother either... :thumbsup:

In trying to re-sight my 204 in today, ive also had gòod results with my annealing test.

After 5 firings my groups have opened up (a couple of firings ago) to .7"-.8"...sometimes out to nearly an inch.

So i finally FL sized, trimmed, chamfer deburr & annealed the cases.
Then i neck sized them again...

So the load i use shoots a relatively consistant .3"-.4" at 100m (110yds)-(before they opened up a bit)

While i was only shooting 2 shots at a time for this exercise today (sighting in), the 2 shot groups (not really a group i know) but the pairs of shots are at .4"-but now at 200 yds...!!
2018-10-28 22.38.39.jpg

Im pretty happy with that...so far the effort to anneal & re-prep all the brass looks like it was worth it...for me anyway.

At the end of the day, i dont care what others do to their brass, im just learning it all.
But one things for sure big fella...if i imagine you & i sniping 300+ yd bunnies from under the shade of a eucalypt while washing down beer nuts with an ale between turns...the only thing that comes to mind is the size of the grin & joy on our faces...!!! :clap: :D :drinks:...not the case prep...!!!

Nothing better than sitting under a tree busting bunnies, I'll bring the beer you bring the nuts :D :drinks:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bigfellascott » 29 Oct 2018, 7:43 pm

Gaznazdiak wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:
Gaznazdiak wrote:Some good shooting there Scott.

Mate, I do it because I need all the help I can get.
:lol:

It's like when I'm building something nobody else is likely to see. I still see it so I want to do it the best I can.

Everyone needs a hobby and it beats train spotting.
Get a lot of them here because the road intersects the highest point for the main southern railway line and the trains are able to be photographed.

We think benchrest guys can get anal, one guy out there last year had his video setup on one tripod, a still camera on another tripod, he's looking round and making notes about where he was and weather and such.

In my naivete, I thought there must have been something special coming, so I asked him WTF?

He informed me that a particular loco was due through. When the train was passing, Old Mate is snapping away, video going, all impressed with himself, so I asked him what was special about that one.

Turns out this character wasn't interested in the locos per se, he collected the numbers painted on the sides.

He had driven +90km out from Canberra to get his jiggy on over some painted numbers :crazy:

Be a boring old world without the "special" people, eh?

I think I know the train you're talking about, I saw a show on it a while back, I think it went down Goulburn way. :thumbsup:

No mate, this wasn't a special train. It was a bog standard, grubby blue and yellow diesel loco, just like all the others, pulling grain.

This guy wasn't interested in the train, he collected the numbers painted on the side.
He proudly informed me that he had nearly all of them.

I was sorely tempted to ask him what he was going to do with his life once he'd collected all of them but he was so pleased with his achievement I thought it would be churlish to throw dirt on his happiness.
:drinks:

Sounds like ol mate had some serious OCD thing going on hey :lol: it always amazes me what people get obsessed over, she's a funny world alright, I've got a mate with about 30 chainsaws, about 10 eskies, about 20 motorbikes etc, got me f***ed why anyone would want 10 eskies :lol: and now he's upgraded to a fridge for camping so the eskies are redundant but I bet he will keep em just in case. :unknown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by duncan61 » 29 Oct 2018, 8:15 pm

I case trim and neck ream,I like to use the same brand of case,My .222 cases are all PPU .243 all Winchester and 7mm are all Remington.Works for me
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Previous

Return to Reloading ammunition