Reloading 7.62 Nagant short v's .310 Cadet

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Reloading 7.62 Nagant short v's .310 Cadet

Post by Jamesb570 » 29 Nov 2018, 8:41 pm

Crossover from /pistol ( sorry if not allowed - still learning here)
Hi, Inherited my Dad's Toz 49 revolver and am looking to reload. I have a Simplex press and his 7.62 Nagant Simplex dies and while I have spent many days & hours reloading his Toz on a Simplex I am now getting lazy :lol: I have recently acquired a Lee Pro 1000 press (or two) and was wondering if the Lee .310 Cadet dies would do the job in the progressive? I know the Toz needs to be loaded with wadcutters to achieve the gas seal & Bertram .310 brass with an inner reamed thin wall will work in the Toz-49. I also have some factory loaded brass. Will the Lee .310 cadet dies seat a wadcutter projectile? I have only used them to load protruding projies before and don't want to drop $75 on a set of dies to find out they won't load wadcutters! I am not THAT lazy and would just run the Simplex. Any help is appreciated :D
A man can not have too much red wine, too many books or too much ammunition ~ Rudyard Kipling (allegedly)
Jamesb570
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Reloading 7.62 Nagant short v's .310 Cadet

Post by No1Mk3 » 30 Nov 2018, 4:41 am

Easiest answer would be get an adapter to run the Simplex dies in the Pro 1000. Lee dies should adjust down enough to load WC flush with the case, but I use Simplex 310 dies, and the bullet seater has at least 10mm of thread still remaining so it definitely would seat a WC into the case. For the Nagant I use Lee 7.62 Nagant dies and someone I know uses 32-20 dies. Maybe ask around your club about borrowing a set of dies to test? Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Re: Reloading 7.62 Nagant short v's .310 Cadet

Post by Jamesb570 » 30 Nov 2018, 8:56 pm

:unknown: Thanks No1Mk3, I had thought of the Simplex 5/8 to 7/8 adaptor. A set of .310 dies looks cheaper and I then have justification to buy a Cadet. Wanted one anyway so why not....
A man can not have too much red wine, too many books or too much ammunition ~ Rudyard Kipling (allegedly)
Jamesb570
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to Reloading ammunition