STEYR Confused with lack of accuracy 30-06

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Re: Confused with lack of accuracy 30-06

Post by bigfellascott » 18 Dec 2018, 8:23 pm

Might just need a good clean?
bigfellascott
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

-

Post by Kumaabear » 10 Jan 2019, 10:21 am

Kind of curious as to what their findings will be. :unknown:

Have they gotten back to you at all yet, (I imagine probably not)
Kumaabear
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 10 Jan 2019, 4:28 pm

I followed up yesterday and today...apparently it’s possibly gone missing or in limbo transit...it’s not at lgs (sent it before Xmas) and Winchester advise they haven’t received it...
Tikka T3 .260 (custom)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g
Steyr Pro Hunt 30-06 (Dud!!!)
Sauer 100 30-06
TassieTiger
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Tasmania

Post by bladeracer » 10 Jan 2019, 4:32 pm

TassieTiger wrote:I followed up yesterday and today...apparently it’s possibly gone missing or in limbo transit...it’s not at lgs (sent it before Xmas) and Winchester advise they haven’t received it...

Hopefully just because of the time of year. Bloody Border Force couldn't find my Mausers just before Christmas. When given the shipping numbers they didn't even know what they would do with them. I'm sure they just brought in some blow-ins while the real officers were partying :-)
Early January it was finally discovered that they were still sitting with Qantas.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 10 Jan 2019, 4:36 pm

It amazes me the bulldust needed to track and secure anything that mentions firearms but then crap like that can happen...

I told the customer service manager that a lot of additional info was on this forum and he replied that we won’t be looking and we don’t take any notice of forums...I thought - that is a pretty bloody silly (old) attitude...your customers are here...watching, reading...
Tikka T3 .260 (custom)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22
Sauer 100 30-06
TassieTiger
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Tasmania

Post by marksman » 11 Jan 2019, 1:02 pm

experiences I have had in the past is that the firearm would go to an authorised gunsmith nearest you
there are some very good gunsmiths in Tassie I don't see a need for the rifle to go anywhere else :unknown:
there are time factors in where the firearm is deemed lost by Australia post, I had a nightforce scope went missing 12 months ago
the sender will have tracking advise and know the last place it was scanned, I think it's 4 days before opening up an investigation and 30 days after it's last scan before they will say it is gone for good, the police will be all over them for this :crazy:
after that its up to the sender to be reimbursed by Australia post, if they got it insured :wtf: but it is not your worry
they have to look after you under Australian consumer law, you did not post it lgs did so its there problem
you may get a new rifle :clap: if you do I'm sure that it will be qc tested for you :thumbsup:
keep nipping at the senders heels :drinks:

I have seen a few of the winchester guys at shoots and understand they are salesmen but they cannot go off what is on a forum
they go by there gunsmith, these guys do not repair or diagnose firearm problems
marksman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 11 Jan 2019, 2:18 pm

Cheers for advice MM.
They are chasing again today...

I understand RE gunsmith vs forums But I am surprised that they were so dismissive of forums in entirety...as others have said, if I am looking for my next firearm...forums are where I’m looking for good / solid / real world advice. Surely, manufacturers can recognise this? Irvin my opinion...they should be.
Tikka T3 .260 (custom)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22
Sauer 100 30-06
TassieTiger
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Tasmania

Post by bigfellascott » 12 Jan 2019, 7:04 am

TassieTiger wrote:Cheers for advice MM.
They are chasing again today...

I understand RE gunsmith vs forums But I am surprised that they were so dismissive of forums in entirety...as others have said, if I am looking for my next firearm...forums are where I’m looking for good / solid / real world advice. Surely, manufacturers can recognise this? Irvin my opinion...they should be.

I don't blame them for not wanting to get involved in forums, way too much crap goes on when it comes to firearms shops and people bagging them out for this that and the other, plus they would have better things to do I would think than sit around on forums justifying why they do this that or the other, just not worth the dramas I wouldn't think.

There have been many firearms shops on forums and they generally don't bother hanging around long because of some of the reasons mentioned above. :drinks:
bigfellascott
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

-

Post by TassieTiger » 12 Jan 2019, 7:41 am

Yeah - I don’t agree that they would be trying to answer or justify things - it would be too much. I’d say they are just a tool for a manufacturing co for research and similar.
Tikka T3 .260 (custom)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22
Sauer 100 30-06
TassieTiger
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Tasmania

Post by bigfellascott » 12 Jan 2019, 8:00 am

TassieTiger wrote:Yeah - I don’t agree that they would be trying to answer or justify things - it would be too much. I’d say they are just a tool for a manufacturing co for research and similar.

A lot of em get bagged out for bad service or this that and the other, whether it's justified or possibly a competitor who knows but certainly wouldn't be putting my business in such a position by getting into public slanging matches. :D
bigfellascott
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

-

Post by Blr243 » 12 Jan 2019, 8:33 am

Thanks for the link tassie
Blr243
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bristles1 » 13 Jan 2019, 1:38 pm

Most 30-06s can be finicky with different loads, settle on a load, don't worry too much about how far it is from the lands etc, stick to the basics and have the rifle checked by a competent gunsmith to see if the above mentioned issues are there, trigger, bedding, loose scope mounts etc.

I would not think 50 shots is enough to cause that sort of inaccuracy, we shoot two hundred a night roo shooting and you can still hit a match head at 100 yds.

I think once you have the rifle checked over and sorted then buy some factory ammo and try it , eliminate the mechanical factors then eliminate the human factors. Then get a mate you know who can shoot to try it. Hope you get it shooting straight, great old caliber.
Bristles1
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 29 Jan 2019, 2:38 pm

So for those that can recall - this 30-06 STEYR accuracy was being questioned out of the box...
It's now been 6 weeks and Winchester Vic have STILL not received the rifle for testing.

Many people warned me about the customer service that I might receive...I was hoping for something different.
So out of the 10 weeks I've actually owned this rifle, it has been sent back and forth between couriers for over 6 weeks between gun shops / winchester without anyone actually doing anything.

I'm so tempted to lodge a Aust consumer law complaint and just get a refund...I'll give them another week.
Tikka T3 .260 (custom)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22
Sauer 100 30-06
TassieTiger
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Tasmania

Post by SCJ429 » 29 Jan 2019, 5:07 pm

Patience Tiger.....
SCJ429
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Kaid » 30 Jan 2019, 7:02 am

I secured my LA101 in a vice thinking it would help and could not hit a A4 target at 100mts. Don't know why but my gun kicked to the right on every shot. Went back to a plain gun rest and that solved my problem.
I'am never wrong, thought I was once but I was mistaken
Kaid
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by marksman » 30 Jan 2019, 9:25 am

TassieTiger wrote:So for those that can recall - this 30-06 STEYR accuracy was being questioned out of the box...
It's now been 6 weeks and Winchester Vic have STILL not received the rifle for testing.

Many people warned me about the customer service that I might receive...I was hoping for something different.
So out of the 10 weeks I've actually owned this rifle, it has been sent back and forth between couriers for over 6 weeks between gun shops / winchester without anyone actually doing anything.

I'm so tempted to lodge a Aust consumer law complaint and just get a refund...I'll give them another week.

get the information from the sender, they have the receipt that has the tracking number that can tell you where it was last scanned
if it hasn't been scanned for 4 or more days the sender can start an investigation, after 30 days the firearm is deemed lost and the sender will be compensated for the lost firearm as long as he insured it :unknown: but that is his problem not yours
6 weeks is way to long without any information :thumbsdown: I don't get why they want it in Vic as there are very good competent gunsmiths in Tassie
I would be having a good talk with the sender and if you are not satisfied you have every right to ask for a refund :drinks:
auspost.com.au/receiving/missing-damaged-or-delayed-items
Last edited by marksman on 30 Jan 2019, 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
marksman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 30 Jan 2019, 9:29 am

It was sent by original firearm shop, but no one picked it up at Winchester so it was returned-the originator then said, I’m not paying to send again, so Winchester has to arrange courier, then fire arm shop took a week to repackage, now it’s back in transit again to Winchester vic....and round we go...grab yourself a girl and doccee do...
Tikka T3 .260 (custom)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22
Sauer 100 30-06
TassieTiger
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Tasmania

Post by Oldbloke » 30 Jan 2019, 2:32 pm

What a cok up. Boy are you having a bad week.
Hunt safe, look after the bush & plug more pests. :thumbsup: Better to load on the mild side. :o The greatest invention in the history of man is beer. :drinks: "Often the written message doesn't convey all of the information"
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Reloading ammunition