STEYR Confused with lack of accuracy 30-06

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Re: STEYR Confused with lack of accuracy 30-06

Post by Stix » 12 Feb 2019, 9:58 pm

Tassie...
Im sorry to ssy Winchester Aus dont GAF about you or you're rifle!!!...they are just trying to save face becaue you've plastered this over social media... :thumbsup:

Id take money & buy something they dont bring in...you have every right & ill back you...!!(not that that means much... :lol: )

Aaron is a sweet talker & comes accross like he is you mate, but is FOS & he'll say anything to get rid of you...!!...and im more than happy to front him on my claim...!!!!!!

I support your choice & congratulate you for heading them up, but id get money back--period...
Seriously...if they have to "test rifle'S" (plural-meaning multiple guns)... :roll:...who gets the ones that dont shoot...???... :roll:

Just my bit... :drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 13 Feb 2019, 4:36 am

Stix wrote:Tassie...
Im sorry to ssy Winchester Aus dont GAF about you or you're rifle!!!...they are just trying to save face becaue you've plastered this over social media... :thumbsup:

Id take money & buy something they dont bring in...you have every right & ill back you...!!(not that that means much... :lol: )

Aaron is a sweet talker & comes accross like he is you mate, but is FOS & he'll say anything to get rid of you...!!...and im more than happy to front him on my claim...!!!!!!

I support your choice & congratulate you for heading them up, but id get money back--period...
Seriously...if they have to "test rifle'S" (plural-meaning multiple guns)... :roll:...who gets the ones that dont shoot...???... :roll:

Are you having problems with a rifle from Winchester Australia as well stix ?
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Stix » 13 Feb 2019, 5:31 am

bigrich wrote:
Stix wrote:Tassie...

Are you having problems with a rifle from Winchester Australia as well stix ?

Well issues ive had with 2 of their firearms products that ive had to wear the cost of...!!....so yes...& them not coming to the party despite their promises...!!

I have no problem whst so ever in strongly suggesting people dont buy anything they import... :thumbsup:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 13 Feb 2019, 5:54 am

I have read the thread maybe I missed it.... but did you ever find out what twist the barrel has. No point even trying if it's not sutiable trust rate like 12... maybe 10 would be fine.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 13 Feb 2019, 9:36 am

Ziad - it’s a 1:10 or a 1:9...having so much trouble confirming should have told me something.

And Stix - I know Aaron is just wanting to get rid of me but I just want a solution and what I paid for.
Whom else gets the “poor” shooters? I don’t know...I don’t know what else I can do about that. Maybe if enough ppl took them to task rather than just rolling over no one would end up in this situation....
My lawyer did say to me - the issue may not been seen in arbitration as “major” as it does shoot 150’s...so the seller has right to make it right by either replace or repair in front of a refund.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 13 Feb 2019, 2:47 pm

Thanks mate. Hopefully it works out for you
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 20 Feb 2019, 2:20 pm

So an update.
WincheSter have tested a “number” of steyr rifles and cannot better the groupings with 180gn bullets - that is 2.5” is the best they can achieve.
A refund is being processed.
Guess I need to put in another permit to acquire now and wait that out as well...
But at least it finalises this long standing issue...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by marksman » 20 Feb 2019, 3:13 pm

it is very disappointing for you Tassie and a hell of a lot of farking about but you are getting a refund
at least the winchester guys have come to the party and you are not stuck with something that wont do what you want it to :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 20 Feb 2019, 3:28 pm

TassieTiger wrote:So an update.
WincheSter have tested a “number” of steyr rifles and cannot better the groupings with 180gn bullets - that is 2.5” is the best they can achieve.
Guess I need to put in another permit to acquire now and wait that out as well...

Good result!
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 20 Feb 2019, 3:34 pm

Now - I need to make sure that I do not walk down the same path again!!!
I need a 30-06 walker that will shoot 180's to claimed accuracy...that's not over $2k...a friend is demanding I now buy a stock t3x.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 20 Feb 2019, 3:55 pm

Howa...I dunno
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Stix » 20 Feb 2019, 5:38 pm

TassieTiger wrote:So an update.

Well as marksman says, its been a big root around for you Tassie, which is no good... :thumbsdown:

But on the other hand im glad you are getting a refund...!!! :clap:
My advice, as before, is still to not buy something they import. :D

Glad its worked out this way & them not causing you more grief...!!!
:drinks:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 20 Feb 2019, 5:51 pm

A lot of fellas on here have said the howa’s are a good thing. I like the flashier looks of the Weatherby’s myself. Tikka’s are very proven rifle. Guess it comes back to personal taste as to which way you go next taz.
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 20 Feb 2019, 7:33 pm

Got me beat. I bought 2 marlin x7s. 223 + 30-06 One of the cheapest bolt actions you can buy.
Both shoot moa with hand loads. Not acceptable what you have been through.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 21 Feb 2019, 12:23 pm

I’ve been offered a brand new sauer 100 with rings and bases, no permit costs, in 06 - blue barrel, few little accessories- as a replacement for the non shooting steyr...1:11 twist and guarantee shooting used 168gn factory loads.
Doing this keeps me in good with LGS.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by bigfellascott » 21 Feb 2019, 12:33 pm

TassieTiger wrote:I’ve been offered a brand new sauer 100 with rings and bases, no permit costs, in 06 - blue barrel, few little accessories- as a replacement for the non shooting steyr...1:11 twist and guarantee shooting used 168gn factory loads.

Good enough mate, do it. :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by TassieTiger » 21 Feb 2019, 4:07 pm

bigfellascott wrote:
TassieTiger wrote:I’ve been offered a brand new sauer 100 with rings and bases, no permit costs, in 06 - blue barrel, few little accessories- as a replacement for the non shooting steyr...1:11 twist and guarantee shooting used 168gn factory loads.

Good enough mate, do it. :D

Ok. :-) Did it.
Got the sauer 100 in 30/06, rifle sock, bolt bag, new bases, Medium Leopold rings, 300 clays, some ammo and free permit change - in place of a steyr pro hunter that shoots. CRap. So pretty darn happy at moment.
I’ll mount scope tonight and hopefully get some trigger time on weekend.
I know everyone says the love the feel of their brand new rifle, so I won’t say it...but...aww. Shucks.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Oldbloke » 21 Feb 2019, 6:08 pm

Great. About time someone gets a fair deal from a mega company that failed to deliver.

Not really a big win though,,,, what's you time been worth for the past weeks.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 21 Feb 2019, 6:54 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Great. About time someone gets a fair deal from a mega company that failed to deliver.

Not really a big win though,,,, what's you time been worth for the past weeks.

Few emails, few phone calls...
If that steyr pro hunter remained in my safe - and me knowing it shot like crap, that would have ended up being a $2000 worth of safe queen...but now, I’m excited and reinvigorated to get out and shoot the new rifle to see what it can do. :-) and that’s worth more than money...

How many I wonder are sitting on rifles, because the just weren’t happy with their performance but couldn’t/didn’t know how to resolve...?
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Previous

Return to Reloading ammunition