357 load for rossi 92

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Re: 357 load for rossi 92

Post by bronco93 » 12 Jan 2019, 12:48 am

Yeah I took a bit of a gamble with it, I'm too impatient. And from what I read Rossi's have a few issues with feeding rounds. But hopefully I get away with it. If not I'm gonna have fun pulling bullets :crazy:
Dozen 22lr .22WMR .22WRF .22hornet .223 .310 .303 .243 .30-30 20g 12g .410 32-20 .357 and a couple .58 muzzle loaders
bronco93
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 12 Jan 2019, 6:42 am

My Rossi is a pre-safety s/s and it feeds and ejects everything I’ve fed it so far . 38 spl lead target ammo, s&b hp’s and sp’s, Winchester hp’s. I’m actually impressed with my Rossi. My eyes aren’t good with open sights past 100, but with a few mods I can shoot the Rossi well under 100. I like my rifles to be dual purpose, range and hunting. I’m thinking about doing gallery rifle for fun with this gun.
bigrich
Major
Major

Queensland

Post by in2anity » 12 Jan 2019, 10:30 am

Usually feeding issues in the 92 action are due to incompatible OAL - you just need to experiment with seating depth to find the exact OAL your gun likes. If you’ve already seated them to pistol spec, they’ll probably be on the longer side, meaning you can just seat your loads a little deeper to achieve reliable feeding.

But It’s always worth seating some primerless dummy rounds and adjusting them until they reliably feed - then you have your template as a future reference + any other cases where you may need to test your action...

Post your groups mate I’m interested to see :drinks:
The economist's job is to explain what has happened in the past.
in2anity
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

New South Wales

Previous

Return to Reloading ammunition