Neck Tension issues? (different seating CBTO measurements)

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Re: Neck Tension issues? (different seating CBTO measurement

Post by Apollo » 12 May 2019, 11:07 pm

"cirles" for what it's worth as is a lot of this equipment, it's the initial cost that hurts the most. The more use you get the far cheaper it gets so if you are young you are investing in a lifetime hobby.

The induction annealer uses bugger all power and is super quick. Not actually timed one but say a couple / few seconds and it's done each case. I'm too busy dumping the hot case and grabbing another then inserting it to count the time. Out of interest have a look at the AMP Web Site and watch some of the videos, something to contemplate for the future perhaps.

Another thing to contemplate is that once you have fired all your batch of cases you are going to use at least once they will improve in consistency and accuracy if you make very slight adjustments to chase the accuracy. With my target rounds, since I use 50 rounds for a match I revolve 150 rounds in order. I may have started with 200 cases but one batch of 50 are adds and sods that are in some way different then there are a few I have scrapped that have faults. Those 200 I started with are enough for me to wear out a barrel. Then I have a reserve supply of cases pretty much ready to go if I choose to have a spare barrel blank that I have chambered.

Like bullets and cases, I have spare barrel blanks on hand which is very handy because at times they may not be available for months or a years wait to replace.
Apollo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Previous

Return to Reloading ammunition