Ordering from Midway USA

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Ordering from Midway USA

Post by mickb » 11 Jun 2019, 12:00 pm

Gents, any angles to bring projectiles in from midway? They have a few items I can't get anywhere else. I am not set up to import and have my doubts midway wants the hassle of indvidual international sales either. However wondered if anyone knows of gunstores or independant dealers here who might have a line to them?
mickb
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 185
Other

Re: Ordering from Midway USA

Post by mickb » 11 Jun 2019, 12:07 pm

Lol just found Midway-Australia, guess its been a while since I word searched them. Anyone used the Aussie branch? I've sent them an email anyway
mickb
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 185
Other

Re: Ordering from Midway USA

Post by pomemax » 11 Jun 2019, 12:41 pm

Waiting on an order from them now bore brushes i can buy 10 for $29 different cals mickb they are normally faster than the stated times so keep an eye on the tracking number I ordered on Sunday the tracking puts them here Thursday
pomemax
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 
Posts: 905
New South Wales

Re: Ordering from Midway USA

Post by bladeracer » 11 Jun 2019, 12:43 pm

mickb wrote:Lol just found Midway-Australia, guess its been a while since I word searched them. Anyone used the Aussie branch? I've sent them an email anyway


I've bought from them via Ebay, didn't even know they had an Aussie website. They don't list bullets though.

I haven't tried buying from the Midway US site but I have gotten some stuff that I couldn't get here by going through Brownells.com.au.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
User avatar
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
 
Posts: 5413
Victoria

Re: Ordering from Midway USA

Post by Nigel » 11 Jun 2019, 2:08 pm

Midway USA does not accept international orders. https://www.midwayusa.com/help/international-orders/12014?topic=shipping&subtopic=shipping-options

I order a lot of stuff from the US and use a freight forwarder to consolidate and forward my shipments. I ordered a bag from Midway about 18 months ago and used my delivery address with the freight forwarder in Florida. I received an email from them soon afterwards containing the following:
Thank you for your recent order. I apologize, however due to the variety of regulations controlling shipments outside the U.S., MidwayUSA is unable to process international orders and we cannot ship to any freight forwarding addresses. Because you have attempted to place an order shipping to a freight forwarding address it has been cancelled. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for Your Business!

I have ordered from Brownells in the US a lot. They have no problem with international orders of non-restricted items. You will not be able to order projectiles as they are restricted.

This is one option for projectiles and other restricted items:
http://www.reloadinginternational.com/

I have not used them.

The Trump administration is changing the rules in this area. My understanding is that any items that are available from retail stores in the US will become a lot easier to export.

I have heard that Midway Australia is not related to the US business. Based on web site graphics and fine print, this appears to be true. I have ordered from Midway Australia a few times and found their prices and customer service to be excellent.
User avatar
Nigel
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 54
New South Wales

Re: Ordering from Midway USA

Post by tophet1 » 11 Jun 2019, 3:13 pm

I have ordered gear from the US just by contacting private gun shops there. Most still embrace free enterprise and a dgaf attitude to govt regs, but it will cost you a bit more.
tophet1
Private
Private
 
Posts: 6
Queensland

Re: Ordering from Midway USA

Post by mickb » 11 Jun 2019, 5:38 pm

Thanks for the replies. Normal items aren't the problem, I'd just ebay them. I can even get guns imported no problem. Its the remaining stock of a discontinued line of projectiles Midway USA specifically has that I was after.I may be out of luck in this case.
mickb
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 185
Other

Re: Ordering from Midway USA

Post by GQshayne » 11 Jun 2019, 8:18 pm

bladeracer wrote:
mickb wrote:Lol just found Midway-Australia, guess its been a while since I word searched them. Anyone used the Aussie branch? I've sent them an email anyway


I've bought from them via Ebay, didn't even know they had an Aussie website. They don't list bullets though.

I haven't tried buying from the Midway US site but I have gotten some stuff that I couldn't get here by going through Brownells.com.au.


Pretty sure Brownells Aus is closed. Brownells USA are now accepting International Orders again, from us anyway. This is what the told me a few weeks ago.
GQshayne
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 118
Queensland

Re: Ordering from Midway USA

Post by perentie » 12 Jun 2019, 7:53 am

Brownells Australia is good. I got a 44-40 reamer and some solder from them this week
perentie
Private
Private
 
Posts: 39
Queensland

Re: Ordering from Midway USA

Post by wanneroo » 12 Jun 2019, 10:27 am

I have not heard any update on the ITAR but also haven't looked too much. Once the final rule gets published it should open up a lot of vendors to sending overseas.
wanneroo
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 385
United States of America

Re: Ordering from Midway USA

Post by pomemax » 12 Jun 2019, 12:18 pm

You can order brass and projectiles from the us you just need an export licence most sellers will help with the application and setting it up ReloadingInternational have this on their web site.

n Export License is required to ship bullets, brass and other reloading components out of the US. The export license authorizes the export of reloading components for personal use only. Components can not be sold or passed on to others. The export license is valid for up to 4 years, depending on your country. Multiple orders can be put on one export license. Individual orders can be shipped separately at intervals that fit your needs with no additional paperwork. The export license fee is 10% of the total of all items on the purchase order, that require an export license, up to a maximum of $250. The fee covers the cost of the export license and other paperwork required to export bullets and brass. The fee is paid with each individual order. Once the license application has been submitted, the export license fee is NOT refundable.

Australian customers are required to submit a copy of a valid B709A in place of the letter. A completed purchase order can be printed during checkout. We must also include a copy of your B709A when we apply for your license (see below on how to obtain a certificate). Once these forms are submitted it typically takes 1 week to receive the export license. The export license fee is 10% of the total purchase order. The B709A is free.

What may stuff people is the shipping cost :Australia, Hungary, Iceland, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, New Caledonia, New Zealand, South Africa, and Ukraine (USD):
Weight USPS Priority International
Up to 20 pounds $85.80

I think may be the same @Brownells .
pomemax
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 
Posts: 905
New South Wales

Re: Ordering from Midway USA

Post by mickb » 12 Jun 2019, 4:04 pm

Brownells Australia can import items directly for customers from the Brownells US warehouses

As to the rest, all good, if the seller is interested in international orders. Midway USA is not.
mickb
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 185
Other

Re: Ordering from Midway USA

Post by bladeracer » 12 Jun 2019, 5:34 pm

GQshayne wrote:Pretty sure Brownells Aus is closed. Brownells USA are now accepting International Orders again, from us anyway. This is what the told me a few weeks ago.


I know Brownells US is shipping direct now, but I don't yet know if they're shipping regulated items, like brass, bullets or firearm parts.
Brownells.com.au still seems to be working as I got some stuff two weeks ago from them.
Included a heap of muzzle device indexing shims I've wanted for a while.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
User avatar
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
 
Posts: 5413
Victoria

Re: Ordering from Midway USA

Post by bladeracer » 12 Jun 2019, 5:40 pm

pomemax wrote:You can order brass and projectiles from the us you just need an export licence most sellers will help with the application and setting it up ReloadingInternational have this on their web site.


You need to be pretty desperate for something you can't get locally, or you need to be buying $1000+ of brass and/or bullets to make it worthwhile, either importing directly or through Reloading International. US$250 export fee, plus the freight charges, and requiring shipment from a licenced exporter make the cost exorbitant. Some states also charge for B709's which adds further to the cost.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
User avatar
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
 
Posts: 5413
Victoria

Re: Ordering from Midway USA

Post by mickb » 12 Jun 2019, 8:06 pm

bladeracer wrote:
GQshayne wrote:Pretty sure Brownells Aus is closed. Brownells USA are now accepting International Orders again, from us anyway. This is what the told me a few weeks ago.


I know Brownells US is shipping direct now, but I don't yet know if they're shipping regulated items, like brass, bullets or firearm parts.
Brownells.com.au still seems to be working as I got some stuff two weeks ago from them.
Included a heap of muzzle device indexing shims I've wanted for a while.



Brownells Australia is still going strong yep, I spoke with their product manager guy to add a product to their catalogue just last week. I believe they are the same company as shooters warehouse in Canberra for the record.
mickb
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 185
Other

Re: Ordering from Midway USA

Post by mickb » 12 Jun 2019, 8:14 pm

bladeracer wrote:
pomemax wrote:You can order brass and projectiles from the us you just need an export licence most sellers will help with the application and setting it up ReloadingInternational have this on their web site.


You need to be pretty desperate for something you can't get locally, or you need to be buying $1000+ of brass and/or bullets to make it worthwhile, either importing directly or through Reloading International. US$250 export fee, plus the freight charges, and requiring shipment from a licenced exporter make the cost exorbitant. Some states also charge for B709's which adds further to the cost.


Reminds me when I was into elephant guns I used to order some projectiles directly from the yanks, which were not available here. Also the antiques guys and long range shooting guys after VLD projectiles used to as well.

Funnily enough all I am chasing this time is the humble Remington Golden Sabre HP projectiles in .357. One of the few reliably expanding HP at low subsonic 38 special velocities from lever actions- probably about the quietest pig killing combination in the universe apart from a supressor or crossbow 8-) Can't believe Remington has discontinued this old mainstay,it worked, it was popular, can't work out why its gone. Any day now the yanks will do a run on the remaining stock at midway. Curses...curses :cry:
mickb
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 185
Other

Re: Ordering from Midway USA

Post by mickb » 12 Jun 2019, 8:16 pm

I actually need a hug here.
mickb
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 185
Other

Re: Ordering from Midway USA

Post by bladeracer » 12 Jun 2019, 8:32 pm

mickb wrote:Reminds me when I was into elephant guns I used to order some projectiles directly from the yanks, which were not available here. Also the antiques guys and long range shooting guys after VLD projectiles used to as well.

Funnily enough all I am chasing this time is the humble Remington Golden Sabre HP projectiles in .357. One of the few reliably expanding HP at low subsonic 38 special velocities from lever actions- probably about the quietest pig killing combination in the universe apart from a supressor or crossbow 8-) Can't believe Remington has discontinued this old mainstay,it worked, it was popular, can't work out why its gone. Any day now the yanks will do a run on the remaining stock at midway. Curses...curses :cry:


I'd be surprised if there aren't other .357 bullets around nowadays that work well at subsonic velocities.
Have you tried the XTP or FTX? Or the 200gn Hornady Interlock RN?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
User avatar
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
 
Posts: 5413
Victoria

Next

Back to top
 
Return to Reloading ammunition