What do you listen to while reloading...?

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

What do you listen to while reloading...?

Post by Stix » 18 Oct 2019, 10:27 pm

So...ive got my favorite guitar song of all time cranking while neck sizing a couple of dozen cases for a little test tomorrow...

Its Loverboy's 'Turn Me Loose'...the studio version...production magnificence...!!

Bloody love it...!!!...

Why...?...
Well, firstly...Im a drummer so forgive me here---But listen carefully, & you'll hear almost every single chord &/or note in this song is played with a difference...its also a little odd-ball for a typical commercial pop hit in that the lead break (guitar) carry's on after the lead break...

And...its a big guitar sound...!!!

Bloody love it...!!!

Except that i had to slide the chair backwards just then to do the air guitar for the lead break... :lol:

So what do you all listen too...?...Give us some songs you like boys...

Now im gonna crank some pure production genius & let Manfred Man's full length version of Bruce Springsteins 'Blinded By the Light' grace the airways in this room.. :clap:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 3675
South Australia

Re: What do you listen to while reloading...?

Post by bladeracer » 18 Oct 2019, 10:43 pm

The Goon Show streaming radio usually :-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
User avatar
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
 
Posts: 12813
Victoria

Re: What do you listen to while reloading...?

Post by Kelsey Cooter » 19 Oct 2019, 5:08 am

History of the great war podcast
Kelsey Cooter
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 408
Queensland

Re: What do you listen to while reloading...?

Post by bigrich » 19 Oct 2019, 5:50 am

Besides being a keen firearms nut , I’m also into old school music and vynal records. I have a good quality sound system I built up over a few years that makes it sound like it’s live. The music I listen to could be 60’s and 70’s blues and rock like zeppelin , Hendrix, canned heat , George thorogood, Bon Scott AC/DC, pink Floyd , through to oddball stuff like Jonny cash , dean Martin or frank Sinatra singing jazz . We didn’t have a tv when I was very young so I grew up listening to the radio and playing albums by the Beatles, stones and such . Love my music
User avatar
bigrich
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 4622
Queensland

Re: What do you listen to while reloading...?

Post by Stix » 19 Oct 2019, 6:24 am

bladeracer wrote:The Goon Show streaming radio usually :-)

That lasted about 3 seconds.... :lol:

Nah...Only because my head needed music...ill give that a crack another time... :)
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 3675
South Australia

Re: What do you listen to while reloading...?

Post by Stix » 19 Oct 2019, 6:26 am

Kelsey Cooter wrote:History of the great war podcast

Good one...a war history podcast...that'd be interesting... :) :thumbsup:

Hell i bet you learn a lot... :thumbsup:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 3675
South Australia

Re: What do you listen to while reloading...?

Post by Stix » 19 Oct 2019, 6:41 am

bigrich wrote:Besides being a keen firearms nut , I’m also into old school music and vynal records. I have a good quality sound system I built up over a few years that makes it sound like it’s live. The music I listen to could be 60’s and 70’s blues and rock like zeppelin , Hendrix, canned heat , George thorogood, Bon Scott AC/DC, pink Floyd , through to oddball stuff like Jonny cash , dean Martin or frank Sinatra singing jazz . We didn’t have a tv when I was very young so I grew up listening to the radio and playing albums by the Beatles, stones and such . Love my music

Good stuff BR... :)
Love my Led Zeppelin...70's blues & a good dose of disco funk...!!!
And i need a loud dose of Thorogood's live version of 'One bourbon one scotch n one beer', every now & then...
'a-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-stop that...!!!'... :lol:
:thumbsup:

Im one of those guys that loves Led Zepplin & thinks they rule music as the best of all time...

Its so hsrd to pick a favorite i rekon...but im a huge fan of 'Nobody's fault but mine', fool in the rain, & 'the ocean'...
But there arent too many songs that leave you as happy as having a little sing-a-long & little jig, as 'Misty mountain hop'...!!!

Whats your favorite Zep song BR...?... :)
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 3675
South Australia

Re: What do you listen to while reloading...?

Post by JimTom » 19 Oct 2019, 7:02 am

I am generally listening to spouse complain about how much time I spend at my reloading bench. ;-)
User avatar
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 
Posts: 2136
Queensland

Re: What do you listen to while reloading...?

Post by bigrich » 19 Oct 2019, 7:20 am

Stix wrote:
bigrich wrote:Besides being a keen firearms nut , I’m also into old school music and vynal records. I have a good quality sound system I built up over a few years that makes it sound like it’s live. The music I listen to could be 60’s and 70’s blues and rock like zeppelin , Hendrix, canned heat , George thorogood, Bon Scott AC/DC, pink Floyd , through to oddball stuff like Jonny cash , dean Martin or frank Sinatra singing jazz . We didn’t have a tv when I was very young so I grew up listening to the radio and playing albums by the Beatles, stones and such . Love my music

Good stuff BR... :)
Love my Led Zeppelin...70's blues & a good dose of disco funk...!!!
And i need a loud dose of Thorogood's live version of 'One bourbon one scotch n one beer', every now & then...
'a-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-stop that...!!!'... :lol:
:thumbsup:

Im one of those guys that loves Led Zepplin & thinks they rule music as the best of all time...

Its so hsrd to pick a favorite i rekon...but im a huge fan of 'Nobody's fault but mine', fool in the rain, & 'the ocean'...
But there arent too many songs that leave you as happy as having a little sing-a-long & little jig, as 'Misty mountain hop'...!!!

Whats your favorite Zep song BR...?... :)


That really depends on my mood stix , in quieter moments, going to California , the rain song , I been missing you , is another favourite. After a few scotches, wok’n’woll :lol: , travelling riverside blues, boogie with stu, there’s so many to choose from with zed leppelin :P I’m of out to my local range this morning to run in my 243’s new swan barrel. I floated and bedded it this last week, it’s been agony waiting to shoot it . Gunna terrorise the field rifle comp with my 8x57 carbine afterwards, using 170 sst handloads that move a lot faster and are more accurate than PPU factory stuff . Wonderful shove in the shoulder and the muzzle blast wakes folks up :lol: :lol:

:thumbsup:
User avatar
bigrich
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 4622
Queensland

Re: What do you listen to while reloading...?

Post by Stix » 19 Oct 2019, 7:30 am

Well come back later & start a new thread to let us know how the new 243 goes mate... :thumbsup:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 3675
South Australia

Re: What do you listen to while reloading...?

Post by Stix » 19 Oct 2019, 7:41 am

JimTom wrote:I am generally listening to spouse complain about how much time I spend at my reloading bench. ;-)

Lol...!!

I had a girlfriend do that to me with my drums once...

When we got together, i made it clear i would never be willing to severly lessen my time with practice & gigs...(was gigging once to twice a week & put in many hours of technique practice--if i wasnt working, i was either drumming or under the bonnet of my EH... :) )...she was "apparently" fine with that--but i had a gut feeling about her... :idea: ...

So...
Then she got comfortable & sat me down one evening for a little chat...yep...i had to minimise my time on the drums & spend more time with her sitting on the couch holding hands watching yankie soaps apparently... :roll: ...yea rite...!!

I played the submissive & said fair enough...went down in the drum room & packed up the kit...snuck it out the back into the car & cranked the starter...

She came running out with arms flying in the air begging for forgiveness... :lol:

I still left though...controlling herman she was...!!

Im not suggesting you do that though JimTom... :thumbsup: ...i was young, tuff, a cool drummer, in demand & knew everything...!!... :roll: . :oops: .. :lol:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 3675
South Australia

Re: What do you listen to while reloading...?

Post by bladeracer » 19 Oct 2019, 7:44 am

Stix wrote:
bladeracer wrote:The Goon Show streaming radio usually :-)

That lasted about 3 seconds.... :lol:

Nah...Only because my head needed music...ill give that a crack another time... :)


I don't do music :-)
On the odd occasion that I do feel like music I prefer to concentrate on it rather than on other tasks.
As a chippy we had the car stereo going full bore all day just to deaden the noise of the compressor and generator, last thing I need at home is more of that :-) It was wonderfully peaceful on site when I switched to gas guns.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
User avatar
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
 
Posts: 12813
Victoria

Re: What do you listen to while reloading...?

Post by Stix » 19 Oct 2019, 8:01 am

bladeracer wrote:
Stix wrote:
bladeracer wrote:The Goon Show streaming radio usually :-)

That lasted about 3 seconds.... :lol:

Nah...Only because my head needed music...ill give that a crack another time... :)


I don't do music :-)
On the odd occasion that I do feel like music I prefer to concentrate on it rather than on other tasks.
As a chippy we had the car stereo going full bore all day just to deaden the noise of the compressor and generator, last thing I need at home is more of that :-) It was wonderfully peaceful on site when I switched to gas guns.

:thumbsup:
:)
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 3675
South Australia

Re: What do you listen to while reloading...?

Post by SCJ429 » 19 Oct 2019, 8:16 am

JimTom wrote:I am generally listening to spouse complain about how much time I spend at my reloading bench. ;-)


Perhaps our spouses are related.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 3227
New South Wales

Re: What do you listen to while reloading...?

Post by JimTom » 19 Oct 2019, 8:30 am

SCJ429 wrote:
JimTom wrote:I am generally listening to spouse complain about how much time I spend at my reloading bench. ;-)


Perhaps our spouses are related.


:lol: :lol: I think they all are mate. Strange cattle them women. :drinks:
User avatar
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 
Posts: 2136
Queensland

Re: What do you listen to while reloading...?

Post by Noisydad » 19 Oct 2019, 8:36 am

The background music that's on the British muzzle loaders YouTube channel. Or Hickock45's ramblings. Or gun Jesus. Or CandArsenal....
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
User avatar
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1
 
Posts: 1387
Victoria

Re: What do you listen to while reloading...?

Post by Ricochet » 19 Oct 2019, 9:50 am

bigrich wrote:Besides being a keen firearms nut , I’m also into old school music and vynal records. I have a good quality sound system I built up over a few years that makes it sound like it’s live. The music I listen to could be 60’s and 70’s blues and rock like zeppelin , Hendrix, canned heat , George thorogood, Bon Scott AC/DC, pink Floyd , through to oddball stuff like Jonny cash , dean Martin or frank Sinatra singing jazz . We didn’t have a tv when I was very young so I grew up listening to the radio and playing albums by the Beatles, stones and such . Love my music

I don't reload but +1 for the oldschool rock
Ricochet
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 112
New South Wales

Re: What do you listen to while reloading...?

Post by bigrich » 19 Oct 2019, 10:55 am

Noisydad wrote:The background music that's on the British muzzle loaders YouTube channel. Or Hickock45's ramblings. Or gun Jesus. Or CandArsenal....


Yeah, gun Jesus :P can’t think of his name, but love his work
User avatar
bigrich
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 4622
Queensland

Re: What do you listen to while reloading...?

Post by 8x57 » 19 Oct 2019, 12:12 pm

I play Black Adder goes forth for a bit of back ground noise.
8x57
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 107
Queensland

Re: What do you listen to while reloading...?

Post by Wm.Traynor » 19 Oct 2019, 12:21 pm

Absolutely Nothing, he said sternly and with immense disapproval..........................speaking for myself really :) ;)
Cannot imagine allowing myself any distractions like that. I lock myself in and emerge when good and ready but for you lucky people with better developed attention spans and a taste for old-time music, here is Sam Cooke :D
youtube.com/watch?v=85ekOXs1-7k
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 
Posts: 1662
Queensland

Re: What do you listen to while reloading...?

Post by pomemax » 19 Oct 2019, 4:25 pm

pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2
 
Posts: 1165
New South Wales

Re: What do you listen to while reloading...?

Post by Wm.Traynor » 19 Oct 2019, 7:38 pm

:D :clap: They were both really good, pomemax
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 
Posts: 1662
Queensland

Re: What do you listen to while reloading...?

Post by Stix » 19 Oct 2019, 8:23 pm

8x57 wrote:I play Black Adder goes forth for a bit of back ground noise.

Yes...background noise is a funny thing--very useful to us humans... :thumbsup: :)
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 3675
South Australia

Re: What do you listen to while reloading...?

Post by Stix » 19 Oct 2019, 8:27 pm

Wm.Traynor wrote:Absolutely Nothing, he said sternly and with immense disapproval..........................speaking for myself really :) ;)
Cannot imagine allowing myself any distractions like that. I lock myself in and emerge when good and ready but for you lucky people with better developed attention spans and a taste for old-time music, here is Sam Cooke :D
youtube.com/watch?v=85ekOXs1-7k

To tell the truth Wm...im pretty much the same...
I do love my music & cannot help that my concentration sways over to it when its playing...
I think only 3 songs played while i was charging last night, & no charging was accomplished while the music was playing... :)
But still, i am for backround noise if it doesnt aid in one loosing concentration, so im keen to hear what others do...
:drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 3675
South Australia

Re: What do you listen to while reloading...?

Post by Stix » 19 Oct 2019, 8:32 pm

pomemax wrote:music such as this . Quietly in the background https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQGBbLBShzk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRDDflQlvgc

I like them... :thumbsup:

The first one i couldnt do while charging...im listening too intently for how its played...

But the second one could be on... :thumbsup:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 3675
South Australia

Re: What do you listen to while reloading...?

Post by Oldbloke » 19 Oct 2019, 11:06 pm

The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
User avatar
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
 
Posts: 11612
Victoria

Re: What do you listen to while reloading...?

Post by flutch » 20 Oct 2019, 3:48 am

nothing, usually sit on voice chat on discord on my mobile talking to my mates. lol
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 447
Western Australia

Re: What do you listen to while reloading...?

Post by flutch » 20 Oct 2019, 3:51 am

but i could consider something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=989-7xsRLR4

or this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGJ2EHDT6Ps

but most likely if I was listening to something it would be like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmIqIVxUuKs

and definitely this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAqZb52sgpU
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 447
Western Australia

Re: What do you listen to while reloading...?

Post by Bill » 20 Oct 2019, 5:00 am

I usually watch & listen to Economic stuff on youtube whilst prepping brass, nothing when I, actually powdering up and seating, 100% attention, anything less usually will give drama at some stage
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
User avatar
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1
 
Posts: 1253
New South Wales

Re: What do you listen to while reloading...?

Post by Blr243 » 20 Oct 2019, 7:14 pm

Zz top. George Thor. G n r. Gary Moore Anyone that does BLACK BETTY Aerosmith JJ cale Lenard skynard rose tattoo Screaming jets slim dusty
Blr243
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 4551
Queensland

Next

Back to top
 
Return to Reloading ammunition