Best online shop in Aust

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Best online shop in Aust

Post by BennieDaBlade » 29 Oct 2019, 8:00 pm

Hello Guys,

Been a long time since I have been looking for projectiles. But I recently bought a relatively expensive rifle in 308 and after 8 weeks I finally have the Hornady projectiles I ordered at the same time. (Ordered from the same shop) Not very impressed, but being in Tas I do expect it.

I have had projectile warehouse recommended. Are there any others?

Just looking for options at this point.

Thanks
BennieDaBlade
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Re: Best online shop in Aust

Post by JimTom » 29 Oct 2019, 8:08 pm

The main fella in Margate (Brisbane) is generally my go to for projectiles. They have different specials quite frequently, so I just buy up when what I am after is on special. In saying that, I am on several shops mailing lists so just keep my eye on what’s available with others too mate.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 29 Oct 2019, 8:26 pm

BennieDaBlade wrote:Hello Guys,

Been a long time since I have been looking for projectiles. But I recently bought a relatively expensive rifle in 308 and after 8 weeks I finally have the Hornady projectiles I ordered at the same time. (Ordered from the same shop) Not very impressed, but being in Tas I do expect it.

I have had projectile warehouse recommended. Are there any others?

Just looking for options at this point.

Thanks

I mainly use Rebelgunworks. Rebels will also ship ammo and primers.
I have an order en-route currently from ProjectileWarehouse (350 bullets + 100 brass to get it over the $200 from free shipping), but they hardly ever have stock of what I'm chasing so I had to order another 450 bullets from Rebels as well.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 29 Oct 2019, 8:41 pm

Thing that really upsets me with the big known store - they have good specials yes, specials that no one can get near at times but...it’s not unusual for long delays and you can be reluctantly cornered.
Eg - I called them recently about a MDT chassis and they arranged a quote for mag, forernd, rail, butt stock, grip, chassis...everything that was needed.
Then when I placed order via their online site, as they told me to do - everything was there except the chassis which is now 12weeks away...they didn’t tell me on phone and it didn’t say out of stock on site. I can’t cancel that part - as all other parts connect to chassis and this isn’t the first time out of stock issues have had me cornered.

I’ve also had great service from Rebel, and a smaller Brizzy store...projectile warehouse have been reasonable as well.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 30 Oct 2019, 9:38 am

Hmm strange... every time i order ..... i call them Tassie they check stock 4 me and take my money t over the phone
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mikejay » 30 Oct 2019, 10:06 am

TassieTiger wrote:Thing that really upsets me with the big known store - they have good specials yes, specials that no one can get near at times but...it’s not unusual for long delays and you can be reluctantly cornered.
Eg - I called them recently about a MDT chassis and they arranged a quote for mag, forernd, rail, butt stock, grip, chassis...everything that was needed.
Then when I placed order via their online site, as they told me to do - everything was there except the chassis which is now 12weeks away...they didn’t tell me on phone and it didn’t say out of stock on site. I can’t cancel that part - as all other parts connect to chassis and this isn’t the first time out of stock issues have had me cornered.

I’ve also had great service from Rebel, and a smaller Brizzy store...projectile warehouse have been reasonable as well.

Are we talking about the store that has better prices than anyone else in Australia on items that are all out of stock? The one that seems to have supplier price increases whenever the items do come back into stock?
mikejay
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 30 Oct 2019, 10:14 am

mikejay wrote:
TassieTiger wrote:Thing that really upsets me with the big known store - they have good specials yes, specials that no one can get near at times but...it’s not unusual for long delays and you can be reluctantly cornered.

Are we talking about the store that has better prices than anyone else in Australia on items that are all out of stock? The one that seems to have supplier price increases whenever the items do come back into stock?

And rhymes with Beaver lol. Yes...The ones that are constantly advertising for staff and even when you call them - you know their existing staff are under the pump.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by bigpete » 30 Oct 2019, 11:27 am

bladeracer wrote:I mainly use Rebelgunworks. Rebels will also ship ammo and primers.
I have an order en-route currently from ProjectileWarehouse (350 bullets + 100 brass to get it over the $200 from free shipping), but they hardly ever have stock of what I'm chasing so I had to order another 450 bullets from Rebels as well.

Projectile warehouse seems to be utterly useless in stocking anything other than the colour black in projectiles....
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by BennieDaBlade » 30 Oct 2019, 12:07 pm

Thanks Guys,

I’ll sign up to a few more mailing lists and see what pops up.
BennieDaBlade
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Post by Member-Deleted » 30 Oct 2019, 1:21 pm

I mainly use Rebels and The Open Range both have been exceptionally good for me only once I waited for projectiles and that was only 2 weeks all up here in 3-4 days
Member-Deleted

Post by sungazer » 30 Oct 2019, 4:11 pm

The best online shooting related store would have to be the q-store. They have stock status and the shipping is a reasonable price and the service is same or next day shipping. I have never had a problem so I dont know how well they handle that but the way they run the rest of the organization I am confident it would all go well.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by bladeracer » 30 Oct 2019, 4:22 pm

bigpete wrote:Projectile warehouse seems to be utterly useless in stocking anything other than the colour black in projectiles....

I just checked my history with them. I used them regularly throughout 2016 until they started to become unable to supply what I was after. Then I gave them another chance in 2018. I only tried them this time because of the emails I was getting about deals. They had some sample packs of heavy .224" bullets I want to test so I added a few boxes of my staples and some brass to push the total up.

I hope the reason they don't have much stock is that they're doing very well and selling fast, but it really makes it difficult to bother checking the site.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 30 Oct 2019, 5:29 pm

It’s a wonder someone has not yet done a full On line store only in AU. No shop front, Whitehouse staff, mean lowest costs - most others have to go via at least 3 steps before getting out the door...place order, stock check, confirmed stock, to packing, to dispatch, to sent...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Stix » 30 Oct 2019, 5:35 pm

bigpete wrote:Projectile warehouse seems to be utterly useless in stocking anything other than the colour black in projectiles....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats one of those comments thats funny cos its true...

Cant say the amount of times ive decided-'what the hell, ill fork out a fortune to try a bullet from them' only to see everything that resembles anything close to what i want is "out of stock"...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 30 Oct 2019, 5:36 pm

TassieTiger wrote:It’s a wonder someone has not yet done a full On line store only in AU. No shop front, Whitehouse staff, mean lowest costs - most others have to go via at least 3 steps before getting out the door...place order, stock check, confirmed stock, to packing, to dispatch, to sent...

Im in if you are...& if you can get the finance...!!

BTW...Im serious...!!! :)
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by SCJ429 » 30 Oct 2019, 6:28 pm

sungazer wrote:The best online shooting related store would have to be the q-store. They have stock status and the shipping is a reasonable price and the service is same or next day shipping. I have never had a problem so I dont know how well they handle that but the way they run the rest of the organization I am confident it would all go well.

I have experienced the same great service from the Q Store. Never had a problem either.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Return to Reloading ammunition