55gr Vmax problem

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Re: 55gr Vmax problem

Post by Member-Deleted » 17 Nov 2019, 9:39 pm

Yeah hopefully Marksman
Member-Deleted

Post by Stix » 18 Nov 2019, 7:55 am

Like i said before, id give the importers a call, & a follow up email to that call...
Also send one to Hornady as well, expressing exactly what you have here...

Ask them to exchange the batch, or send a different batch to test in good faith... :)
:drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 20 Nov 2019, 7:00 pm

Well another turn up for the books on the 55gr I shot another dog today and it was a complete pass through dog dropped and was found entry hole pencil hole exit was pencil hole as well bullet passed through the mid shoulder most likely passing through the shoulder blade bone i'm convinced it is the projectiles or this batch atleast now that i'm aware of it i'll use them for setting my other 22-250 up and get a new lot
Member-Deleted

Post by Blr243 » 20 Nov 2019, 8:11 pm

GDB. How come u getting so many dogs? It’s not fair Please leave some for us
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 20 Nov 2019, 8:25 pm

Just lucky Blr243 although a good reason is some prawn up here in council took the bounty off wild dogs and since then bugga all people shoot them now also the National Parks are buying up properties and closing them off to shooters hence breeding grounds for wild dogs yep wonders will never cease where councils are concerned they still bait but dogs are not stupid and avoid the baits so this is one battle the council around here is going to loose if bounties aren't brought back :thumbsup:
Member-Deleted

Post by Am88 » 29 Nov 2019, 8:41 am

I'm weaning myself off Vmax's for this reason and others stated in another thread here a while ago, seem to be inconsistencies, I've had them before, I wonder if it's the old adage of you get what you pay for, maybe nosler and whoever else are dearer for a reason, consistency.
Am88
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Reloading ammunition