How to tell if tanished cases are safe to reload

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Re: How to tell if tanished cases are safe to reload

Post by duncan61 » 25 Dec 2019, 6:01 pm

I found it its the mk 4 .Australia: during World War II and Korean War. Indonesia–Malaysia confrontation (as L4A4).[28] Continued in limited service until about the time of the general introduction of the F88 Steyr (ca 1990).[citation needed] I have found lots of pictures but am having trouble uploading as It will not take jpeg images I will keep trying
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Stix » 25 Dec 2019, 6:37 pm

Actually, further to what i said, I should add that if feeling for split necks with the chamfer deburr tools, you will only have a chance to feel the split if it has travelled all the way to the end of the neck...

Ive had a few where the split is before the end of the neck...only ever picked those faults up by vision...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Blr243 » 25 Dec 2019, 7:33 pm

GLASSES. Have not read the thread so not sure if it’s been mentioned. I’m fifty. If the case is clean and I’m wearring specs I can see absolutely everything It’s amazing
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by wanneroo » 26 Dec 2019, 9:11 am

Stix wrote:Actually, further to what i said, I should add that if feeling for split necks with the chamfer deburr tools, you will only have a chance to feel the split if it has travelled all the way to the end of the neck...

Ive had a few where the split is before the end of the neck...only ever picked those faults up by vision...

I've only had a couple but have also had similar splits and cracks in the shoulder or around it. And again that goes back to my liking for a good clean of the brass as it makes easier to see such defects.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by SCJ429 » 26 Dec 2019, 12:26 pm

You can clean up your necks with some fine steel wool. For range scrap, I am worried about stuff being inside the case. Once picked up a case and it had a 22lr spent case inside it.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Return to Reloading ammunition