My $100 1933 Tula M/9130

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

My $100 1933 Tula M/9130

Post by reloader762 » 27 Dec 2019, 9:37 pm

Long story short I got this rifle from my brother a couple of years ago who had bought several M91/30 of various years of production from a local shop. I had wanted a 91/30 but life got in the way and it seemed ever time I had some spare cash something always came up so I missed out on getting one when they were cheap.

I had already own a really nice M44 which he didn't have so he sold me one of his 91/30s to finance the M44 purchase. It's a 1933 Tula HEX receiver all parts matching and the bore is basically between a grade 1 & 2 not perfect but close.

The only thing I didn't like about the rifle was the stock finish which was starting to show its age so I refinished it to make it a blonde stock which I had always liked, plus you can see all the stock marking much better with the lighter finish. While I was at it, I free floated the barrel bedded the action and corked the front barrel rest.

I think she turned out nice.

I haven't put any jacketed rds. through the rifle since I've owned it, I've been casting my own handgun and rifle bullet for more years than I can remember so I just want to make this a cast bullet shooter only rifle and find a couple cast bullets it really liked and stick with them.

The Lee .312" 185 gr. RN bullet is a good bullet in this rifle, the mold actually cast pretty close to .314" and thats what I size it to after powder coating, My favorite bullet is the Accurate .314" 215 gr. FN mold I picked up a couple of years ago. It's not really designed to be a long range bullet but more of a hunting type bullet that will hit hard an crush bone without breaking up if you use the proper alloy.

Accurate .314" 215 gr. FN mold & clear PC coated bullet.

First 5 shot test target.

Lee .312" 185 gr. RN Clear PC.

https://discord.gg/Nafuzht
reloader762
Recruit
Recruit

United States of America

Re: My $100 1933 Tula M/9130

Post by marksman » 28 Dec 2019, 9:05 am

the rifle came up a treat and it shoots as well
lMHO you have made a good rifle better :drinks:
thanks for sharing :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Wm.Traynor » 28 Dec 2019, 9:46 am

Iron sights! Pretty darn good mate :thumbsup:
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Stoney » 28 Dec 2019, 6:15 pm

G'day reloader762, Nice shooting mate. Can I ask what diameter gas checks you are using?
Stoney
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by reloader762 » 28 Dec 2019, 9:30 pm

marksman wrote:the rifle came up a treat and it shoots as well
lMHO you have made a good rifle better :drinks:
thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

I appreciate the kind words I enjoy shooting it a lot.

iron sights! Pretty darn good mate

I use the iron sights on many of my rifles, a couple have a Red Dots and a couple have scopes, it just really depends on what I'm mainly use the rifles or carbines for. My eyes are still pretty good these days.

G'day reloader762, Nice shooting mate. Can I ask what diameter gas checks you are using?

They are just standard 30 cal. gas checks, sometimes I use the Hornady brand or the Gator checks I get here https://www.sagesoutdoors.com/30-7-62-m ... as-checks/
https://discord.gg/Nafuzht
reloader762
Recruit
Recruit

United States of America

Return to Reloading ammunition