Donuts

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Re: Donuts

Post by Stix » 30 Dec 2019, 7:29 pm

marksman wrote:if l were you Stix l would do them all

if you do them with a battery drill you can do them while watching the project (bad joke lol) l'm not allowed to do it in the house :lol: :drinks:

Yes i will do them all marksman...what i meant was, some are now neck sized, so do i use the internal cutter on the ones not sized, & use the neck turner for the sized ones...?

Or just use both on all...? (for this time around)
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Strikey » 30 Dec 2019, 9:10 pm

I believe the best way to prevent the brass flow problem which the 22/250 is known for and stop your donuts forming would be to get a rechamber to Ackley Improved, never FLS or trim cases again.
Strikey
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by marksman » 30 Dec 2019, 9:25 pm

Strikey wrote:I believe the best way to prevent the brass flow problem which the 22/250 is known for and stop your donuts forming would be to get a rechamber to Ackley Improved, never FLS or trim cases again.

this is very true :thumbsup:

"Yes i will do them all marksman...what i meant was, some are now neck sized, so do i use the internal cutter on the ones not sized, & use the neck turner for the sized ones...?

Or just use both on all...? (for this time around)"

what you do for one is done for all but start by putting them through a mandrel to make the necks all the same inside diameter
if you are worried that some will be tighter than others FLS them all first then heaps of wet lube and size with the mandrel slowly in small steps
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by SCJ429 » 30 Dec 2019, 9:35 pm

Strikey wrote:I believe the best way to prevent the brass flow problem which the 22/250 is known for and stop your donuts forming would be to get a rechamber to Ackley Improved, never FLS or trim cases again.

Not many guys want to put a reamer up their 22/250 but you can be kind to your brass by sizing the neck as little as possible and avoid using expander buttons. All this pushing and pulling draws the brass..
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Return to Reloading ammunition