PPU brass how dose it rate

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Re: PPU brass how dose it rate

Post by SCJ429 » 10 Jan 2020, 6:56 pm

Come past my place and I will give you a once fired PPU case for 10c, fill it up with 20c worth of powder and top it off with a 14c projectile. You won't cry when you loose one in the paddock.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Blr243 » 10 Jan 2020, 7:28 pm

Occasionally I get excited in the field and forget to look for spent brass but usually I have this stupid habit/ obsession with picking up my empties. I don’t know why I think I have about 900 loaded 243 rounds ready to hunt so it won’t hurt to let a few lie down for a long rest in the paddock But next trip I’m taking my 303 for a run and I don’t have much of that brass so back to my carefull collection I spose
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by SCJ429 » 10 Jan 2020, 8:11 pm

I have the same stupid habit and copped some grief from my shooting buddy when I was retracing my steps trying to recover two ADI cases that I had been given for free. Funny how I had only moved a few metres but could not find them in the grass.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by JimTom » 11 Jan 2020, 7:02 am

I try and pick up my empties too however if I happen to lose a few I just put it down to collateral loss and part of doing business when hunting in the scrub. Not ideal though losing expensive brass, think I shall check out the PPU stuff when my existing supply starts to dwindle.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by flashman » 11 Jan 2020, 9:24 am

Well said Jim Tom ,if up bush as u said collateral loss , it must be a man thing....... :crazy:
flashman
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Reloading ammunition