Stock Shortage?

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Stock Shortage?

Post by handofcod » 04 Mar 2014, 6:28 pm

I've had two different stores knock me back when looking for Hornady 75gr Amax and Barnes 130gr TTSX. The last on I spoke too said there was literally no stock left anywhere in Australia and it would be maybe three months before the next Hornady shipment comes through - with no guarantee that this would deliver more than the back orders already logged.

Anyone know what's going on? Is it just panic buying in the US or is there something going on? I know ammo is sometimes scarce but haven't had any problems until now getting a hold of the projectiles that I need.
CZ452 22lr | Remington 5R Milspec in .223 | Tikka Hunter in 300wsm | Ruger Scout in .308
handofcod
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Re: Stock Shortage?

Post by Member-Deleted » 05 Mar 2014, 6:13 am

If you go to the hornady website you will see some lines of stock have been suspended due to the us buying up everything. Im surprised you couldn't get Barnes though. Try the shooters Warehouse in Canberra.
Member-Deleted

Post by Manimal » 05 Mar 2014, 7:57 am

Little shortages everywhere lately.

The US is definitely part of it.

I was trying to get some RWS ammo a while ago too and was told they have changed their distributor here. Old one was running out there stock, new one didn't have any yet.

Things like that crop up from time to time too.
Manimal
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Releb » 05 Mar 2014, 12:24 pm

I think we just always get lower priority on this stuff.

If they can sell it in the US faster than they can make it, why bother going to the hassle of shipping it here.

The whole US panic thing seems to have been going for about a year now...
Tikka Stainless from 30-06 Springfield lane.
Releb
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by adam » 20 May 2015, 8:37 am

I'm looking at getting involved in shooting, but have been hearing rumors that there is shortage of ammunition or ammunition supplies. Doing a search here and finding this thread I see that this appears to have been the case a year ago. I was just wondering if this is still the case, or whether things have settled down? (If there's still a shortage, is it worth getting involved in a club and buying gear at the moment, or would I be hard pressed to get the supplies I need)?
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Reloading ammunition