Help needed building the best reloading bench

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Re: Help needed building the best reloading bench

Post by Bills Shed » 15 Mar 2014, 7:04 am

Very nice. Purpose built and neat.
Do you have any issues with the board / shelf the the Dillon is mounted to? Like the idea of dedicated power points and hidden.
My bench is made out of old hard wood pallets and scaff hardwood planks. I swage projectiles on it and so it needs to be solid. I run an inverter for a power supply as my reloading room does not have power.
Bill
Swaging your own projectiles is the ultimate in flexibility.
Bills Shed
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by yoshie » 15 Mar 2014, 11:28 am

Awesome setup 1886!! Looks like you knew exactly what you wanted and went and built it.
yoshie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Australian Capital Territory

Post by yoshie » 15 Mar 2014, 11:42 am

I haven't quite setup, as I've just moved house, but I find this setup good. It's bench height, however my previous setup was up at desk height and found I got a sore back.

20140315_114031.jpg
20140315_114031.jpg (115.9 KiB) Viewed 5971 times
yoshie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Australian Capital Territory

Post by handofcod » 15 Mar 2014, 3:45 pm

Here's a photo of my bench. Today I threw together a set of plywood shelves to free up space. It's all bolted to a solid external door which is screwed into a cheap metal desk frame from Ikea.The legs are height adjustable which is handy, I just wish I could bolt it into the wall to stop the shakes when using the press but since I rent that's out of the question.

CZ452 22lr | Remington 5R Milspec in .223 | Tikka Hunter in 300wsm | Ruger Scout in .308
handofcod
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by 1886 » 15 Mar 2014, 11:08 pm

Do you have any issues with the board / shelf the Dillon is mounted to?

No, as mentioned the Dillon is mounted threw two 5/16" flat steel bars you can see welded across the top of the frame and the RCBS to a similar plate. I size 45/70's in the RCBS and its rock solid. The Dillon is setup for 357 Mag.

The frame pic doesn't show them as this was a trial fit to determine where they needed to be positioned but there are 3 x 5/16" welded tabs against the rear wall with dyna bolts and one on the right side wall.

The actual top board takes no stress. Its just a platform for working off etc.

The cupboard sides and rear wall are also bolted to this frame as well as screwed together. The shelving unit is standalone with its own back panel and it is just panel pin nailed into the rear cupboard panel. So if I need to change the shelving or add more then its easy to pry off and redo accordingly but so far there is no need :D
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Brute » 16 Mar 2014, 6:53 am

Nice setup 1886.
The Hammer of Dawn
Brute
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Return to Reloading ammunition