Is Australia heading for an AMMO/Reloading shortage?

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Re: Is Australia heading for an AMMO/Reloading shortage?

Post by Bills Shed » 22 Nov 2021, 7:01 am

I took a walk into a LGS the other day and they had a bit of everything in regards to projectiles but no powder or primers that I may need in the future. 17 cal projectiles were $50.00/100.
I will continue to make my own 17 and 224 jacketed projectiles. I think I will go out and get another 25kg of sheet lead. That is a whole heap of small cal projectiles
Swaging your own projectiles is the ultimate in flexibility.
Bills Shed
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by rc42 » 22 Nov 2021, 7:22 am

It's always easy to blame people for not preparing but the media is always ready to jump in and ridicule 'panic buying' or any kind of 'prepping'.

Also, some states have limits on the ammunition that licensed shooters can store at home and all states have limits on powder and none of those restrictions allow for products being unavailable for several years.

Another factor is cost, in QLD we can store up to 15Kg of powder in typical homes but that could easily be several thousand dollars worth, with the same costs for a few years supply of primers and again for projectiles, most people can't afford to build up that kind of stockpile quickly and often can't even manage it over several years.

I feel the need to work on a duplex load for 9mm with magnum primers (yes they are still widely available in QLD, demand has likely reduced as nobody can get any powder anyway) and a small amount of fast pistol powder next to the primer to help ignite some readily available fast rifle powder (AR2207). The case will always need to be full and just 2207 would be useless but I'm interested to know how little fast powder would be needed at the bottom to make a usable load and preserve my dwindling stock of fast powder.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Noisydad » 22 Nov 2021, 7:43 am

Oldbloke wrote:
Noisydad wrote:I’m doing my bit to ease the shortage by manufacturing bullet mold handles for those that cast their own. Pretty certain I’m theonly maker of mold handles in Australia.

Selling many Noisy?

Yeah moving a few. Four more went to a new home last weekend.
Just finished making new hardened dies for pressing the offset in the frames and will be making another batch very soon which I’ll put up on my ETSY shop.
The word is slowly spreading around the black powder world that they’re availabl. Wish I could advertise them on the various FB pages but that platform can’t tell the difference between a pair of pliers and a rifle unfortunately.
I often wonder how many more people are making useful shooting related products on a small scale that few know about.
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 22 Nov 2021, 8:46 am

I think the biggest difficulty here with stockpiling is that we are well aware the government can declare it all illegal overnight, and we lose the lot.

As for cost, make a list of where your income goes and switch the waste into your future enjoyment. Paying a huge premium to "borrow" a vehicle you can't afford to own is one of the biggest mistakes I see nowadays. Buy a vehicle for $5k or $10k, if you can afford it without borrowing, then drive it for five or ten years until it's worn out, and buy another. If you get crook or lose your job you still own your vehicle, nobody can take it off you because you can't afford the payments to the bank that owns it. A grand or two per year for a vehicle is all anybody needs to spend on personal transport, but I've known people paying a grand per month in interest just to borrow a car from the bank.

Borrowing money for a boat or caravan is about the dumbest financial move anybody can make, unless you're actually going to live in it instead of paying a mortgage on a house. Hire a boat or van for the two weeks of the year you want it, and put the rest into ammo for your future.

If you want to shoot next week, next month, next year, you will need ammo, and it makes more sense to buy it long before you actually need it. It's not going to get any cheaper while it's sitting in the shop. This goes for anything you intend to be doing in the future, buy early, buy bulk. When your cupboards are well stocked with food, and you don't owe anybody, you can make smarter decisions, without fear of the future.

rc42 wrote:It's always easy to blame people for not preparing but the media is always ready to jump in and ridicule 'panic buying' or any kind of 'prepping'.

Also, some states have limits on the ammunition that licensed shooters can store at home and all states have limits on powder and none of those restrictions allow for products being unavailable for several years.

Another factor is cost, in QLD we can store up to 15Kg of powder in typical homes but that could easily be several thousand dollars worth, with the same costs for a few years supply of primers and again for projectiles, most people can't afford to build up that kind of stockpile quickly and often can't even manage it over several years.

I feel the need to work on a duplex load for 9mm with magnum primers (yes they are still widely available in QLD, demand has likely reduced as nobody can get any powder anyway) and a small amount of fast pistol powder next to the primer to help ignite some readily available fast rifle powder (AR2207). The case will always need to be full and just 2207 would be useless but I'm interested to know how little fast powder would be needed at the bottom to make a usable load and preserve my dwindling stock of fast powder.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 22 Nov 2021, 8:47 am

Noisydad wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:
Noisydad wrote:I’m doing my bit to ease the shortage by manufacturing bullet mold handles for those that cast their own. Pretty certain I’m theonly maker of mold handles in Australia.

Selling many Noisy?

Yeah moving a few. Four more went to a new home last weekend.
Just finished making new hardened dies for pressing the offset in the frames and will be making another batch very soon which I’ll put up on my ETSY shop.
The word is slowly spreading around the black powder world that they’re availabl. Wish I could advertise them on the various FB pages but that platform can’t tell the difference between a pair of pliers and a rifle unfortunately.
I often wonder how many more people are making useful shooting related products on a small scale that few know about.

What's your Etsy site?
PM if you don't want to suddenly get a dozen orders ;-)
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 22 Nov 2021, 2:54 pm

You make an interesting point regarding cars...but more so if we include all consumer products. Basically it's a consumer society. As someone said the new religion is buying things.

Coming back to cars, there are two types of people. One who but a car because too much $$$$, others run a business or need it for work. Due to the tax treatment, it works out quite favourable to buy a new car.

For me it's a bit of that, but more importantly it's a combination of warranty and safety. With newer cars the level of safety has improved soo much. But all the new cars have so much technology in them that things are likely to break and cost a lot. Hence warranty is important, some of the newer cars are 7 or 10 year want. So as long as you keep it serviced you do not need to worry about a faulty gearbox or engine... so that fancy dowalakie braking down and you being up for 5-15k worth of repair
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by boingk » 25 Nov 2021, 8:19 am

bladeracer wrote:This goes for anything you intend to be doing in the future, buy early, buy bulk. When your cupboards are well stocked with food, and you don't owe anybody, you can make smarter decisions, without fear of the future.

Truer words never said.

Also my local got a bulletin saying no ADI pistol powder production expected for 2 years.
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by bladeracer » 25 Nov 2021, 9:05 am

cz515 wrote:You make an interesting point regarding cars...but more so if we include all consumer products. Basically it's a consumer society. As someone said the new religion is buying things.

Coming back to cars, there are two types of people. One who but a car because too much $$$$, others run a business or need it for work. Due to the tax treatment, it works out quite favourable to buy a new car.

For me it's a bit of that, but more importantly it's a combination of warranty and safety. With newer cars the level of safety has improved soo much. But all the new cars have so much technology in them that things are likely to break and cost a lot. Hence warranty is important, some of the newer cars are 7 or 10 year want. So as long as you keep it serviced you do not need to worry about a faulty gearbox or engine... so that fancy dowalakie braking down and you being up for 5-15k worth of repair

Work vehicles are a different issue, that's why I said "personal transport". As long as you can charge your customers enough to cover the cost of a newer vehicle then there can be valid reasons to borrow money for it. Likewise, if you have zero interest in maintaining your vehicle, or paying somebody else to do it, then it may be smarter to borrow for a vehicle you can't afford, but that seems a stupid way to put yourself in debt, and leave yourself without a vehicle at all if you get nailed by job loss, or illness that makes it impossible to make the payments. You are also required to comprehensively insure the bank's vehicle against loss while it is financed, another unnecessary expense you wouldn't need on a vehicle you own. It would be smarter to buy a cheaper secondhand vehicle you can afford to own, build a good relationship with a mechanic you can trust, and insure against total loss only.

In Australia we have consumer protection laws, so even no warranty still requires the product to be fit for purpose.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 25 Nov 2021, 2:07 pm

I was listening to one guy I follow with an economics and banking background and he was saying looking at all the charts in his opinion we are probably looking at about 5 years of serious inflation.

Factor in labor shortages, shipping backlogs and high costs, and high demand for some stuff like ammo and components, I think it will be a long time to normalcy as we knew it.

But at least so far in my life I have seen several periods of high demand and high cost for ammo and related stuff, so I think you do have to play the long game and accept these waves are inevitable.

The good thing is that bullets don't go bad, powder, brass and primers if stored well can easily last for decades.

Next time we hit the good times, be prepared to stack deep.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by wanneroo » 25 Nov 2021, 2:13 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Work vehicles are a different issue, that's why I said "personal transport". As long as you can charge your customers enough to cover the cost of a newer vehicle then there can be valid reasons to borrow money for it. Likewise, if you have zero interest in maintaining your vehicle, or paying somebody else to do it, then it may be smarter to borrow for a vehicle you can't afford, but that seems a stupid way to put yourself in debt, and leave yourself without a vehicle at all if you get nailed by job loss, or illness that makes it impossible to make the payments. You are also required to comprehensively insure the bank's vehicle against loss while it is financed, another unnecessary expense you wouldn't need on a vehicle you own. It would be smarter to buy a cheaper secondhand vehicle you can afford to own, build a good relationship with a mechanic you can trust, and insure against total loss only.

In Australia we have consumer protection laws, so even no warranty still requires the product to be fit for purpose.

One thing I have been learning is the more we can make ourselves self sufficient and not dependent on the matrix, the better off we are. We can use the matrix if we so chose but are not dependent on it and have options. It's one of the reasons why I learned to reload ammo, I could establish some sort of way of reusing my brass and making my own ammo, rather than I shoot my brass and well, then its useless and so I end up dependent on the supply chain. And I can cut my costs as well.

A lot of folks out there are in the rat race in the city totally plugged in to the matrix and they've got the debt in the house, cars, other junk, etc and they just can't get out. They gotta keep working that corporate job.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by disco stu » 25 Nov 2021, 5:02 pm

I know some people who buy a new car every 2 years or so. Crazy I think, but without them I can't buy my cheap second hand cars. Both cars in our family are over 20yrs old. The pajero I bought for hunting cost $700. Put some time and another engine into it and is going alright now. But I'm lucky, do everything needed on cars myself.

I've now got enough powder for about 5-600 rounds, 300 primers. Just need to stock up on some more projectiles and that should last me a while at my current shooting rate. Just need the hardware fire actually loading it!
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by boingk » 26 Nov 2021, 9:10 am

wanneroo wrote:One thing I have been learning is the more we can make ourselves self sufficient and not dependent on the matrix, the better off we are. We can use the matrix if we so chose but are not dependent on it and have options. It's one of the reasons why I learned to reload ammo, I could establish some sort of way of reusing my brass and making my own ammo, rather than I shoot my brass and well, then its useless and so I end up dependent on the supply chain. And I can cut my costs as well.

A lot of folks out there are in the rat race in the city totally plugged in to the matrix and they've got the debt in the house, cars, other junk, etc and they just can't get out. They gotta keep working that corporate job.

Bingo. Working a 100k/year job with a mortgage of 800k and the missus is roped into the mortgage as well. Throw in a few 50~100k cars and you're in the pipeline for life.

Out western NSW the living is way more laid back. Housing is relatively cheap and the return on investment is good if rental properties are your thing. Pay it all off quickly, sell a house or two along the way and go get that nice big bush block to go properly self sufficient on.

- boingk
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by ederlezi » 01 Dec 2021, 2:10 am

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:9mm is so cheap at the moment. About $350 for 1000 rounds at Cleavers.

Would you be be able to provide the link? I can't see it on their website. What brand is it? Thank you
ederlezi
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by rc42 » 01 Dec 2021, 6:39 am

WINCHESTER
USA9JHP2
USA VALUE PACK
9MM 147GR JHP

Winchester USA ammunition was developed to provide excellent performance at an affordable price for the high volume shooter. Featuring high quality Winchester components, this ammunition delivers outstanding reliability. This ammunition is loaded with a jacketed hollow point bullet which features a rearward weight design to ensure pinpoint accuracy and sure functioning time and time again. This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, in reloadable brass cases.

SPECIAL
$18.99 /PER 50
$189.90 /PER 500

The lighter FMJ variant is available for $365 per 1000 but most pistol ranges won't allow FMJ so check before purchasing that one

WINCHESTER
USA9MM
USA
9MM, 124GR, FMJ
AMMUNITION

SPECIAL
$18.25 /PER 50
$182.50 /PER 500
$365 /PER 1000
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by disco stu » 01 Dec 2021, 4:10 pm

Thought I would grab another 100 large rifle primers while at the shop this afternoon. They're now charging $17 for federal-cheapest they've got, and when they're gone that's it for who knows how long they said. Paid it grudgingly
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by therealshabado » 01 Dec 2021, 4:24 pm

OK SOLD!!! Is this and Australian price? Who is selling them?

Thanks!

rc42 wrote:WINCHESTER
USA9JHP2
USA VALUE PACK
9MM 147GR JHP

Winchester USA ammunition was developed to provide excellent performance at an affordable price for the high volume shooter. Featuring high quality Winchester components, this ammunition delivers outstanding reliability. This ammunition is loaded with a jacketed hollow point bullet which features a rearward weight design to ensure pinpoint accuracy and sure functioning time and time again. This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, in reloadable brass cases.

SPECIAL
$18.99 /PER 50
$189.90 /PER 500

The lighter FMJ variant is available for $365 per 1000 but most pistol ranges won't allow FMJ so check before purchasing that one

WINCHESTER
USA9MM
USA
9MM, 124GR, FMJ
AMMUNITION

SPECIAL
$18.25 /PER 50
$182.50 /PER 500
$365 /PER 1000
therealshabado
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by boingk » 02 Dec 2021, 9:38 pm

disco stu wrote:Thought I would grab another 100 large rifle primers while at the shop this afternoon. They're now charging $17 for federal-cheapest they've got, and when they're gone that's it for who knows how long they said. Paid it grudgingly

Ouch mate. Very ouch.

I was paying $70~80/1000 at the start of the year, and thats stayed fairly solid most places, some charging $90~100/1000.

I wish I'd bought a few more Fiocchi small rifle for $70/1500, and S&B small pistol for $60/1000 when I'd had the chance though.

- boingk
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by JimTom » 03 Dec 2021, 6:04 am

I am paying $11.50/100 for primers, got the last small pistol mag primers they had.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by flashman » 04 Dec 2021, 5:50 pm

Hay got a question ......Dose the A D I plant produce powder all year round ..?
flashman
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 04 Dec 2021, 5:57 pm

flashman wrote:Hay got a question ......Dose the A D I plant produce powder all year round ..?

I think they produce powder throughout the drier months, but they don't produce all the powders together, they do runs of each. But they have stopped production of all of their faster powders used in pistol and shotgun cartridges due to problems in the production process they haven't been able to sort. Not expected to be back online until 2023 at the earliest. A significant number of their rifle powders are either not being produced, or only in small batches. Best to stick with the common rifle powders, like AR2206H and AR2208 if possible.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 04 Dec 2021, 6:16 pm

I can tell you horsey park, safari arms, O'Reillys, gunco are all out of 30 cal 165gr nosler ballistic tips.

Fairly standard calibre, weight and core and cup. They tell me there's something like hundredor so on back order and not sure when they will arrive.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 04 Dec 2021, 7:05 pm

mchughcb wrote:I can tell you horsey park, safari arms, O'Reillys, gunco are all out of 30 cal 165gr nosler ballistic tips.

Fairly standard calibre, weight and core and cup. They tell me there's something like hundredor so on back order and not sure when they will arrive.

I think it might be one of those times where you're more likely to find a shop with a box or two of some odd-ball cartridge they've had for years, and none of the common stuff everybody uses.

With a suitable home-made sabot you could probably get .172" bullets to work in a thirty-cal at least :-)
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Wyliecoyote » 04 Dec 2021, 9:48 pm

Bills Shed wrote:I took a walk into a LGS the other day and they had a bit of everything in regards to projectiles but no powder or primers that I may need in the future. 17 cal projectiles were $50.00/100.
I will continue to make my own 17 and 224 jacketed projectiles. I think I will go out and get another 25kg of sheet lead. That is a whole heap of small cal projectiles

Bill have you had a go at forming 6mm jackets from 22mag casings and have you used a boattail die on those 224 bullets?

I have been making my own jacketed bullets for quite a number of years. Thess days i swage bullets mainly for competition rifles in 30 cal ranging from 115 up to 168 grains as hollow points and up to 180 grains as a soft point if i chose to make a hunting bullet. I do an 8 ogive 115 grainer for the 30 BR Hunterclass barrels, and also10 ogive 135 grain for 30x44 etc.
I just recently completed a set of dies to form 224 and 6mm jackets from 22lr and 22 mag casings. The Blackmon and Neimi core seater and point dies I've had from years back when i shot short range benchrest will be used to produce the bullets. Both of those die brands are virtually impossible to access these days due to demand with waiting lists running into years for core seater and point die sets. Those that do appear for sale on ebay or elsewhere last minutes. So even if you were inclined to get into bullet swaging, the time frame is a killer.
With the current issues with cost and supply of 224 and 6mm bullets it is certainly very cost effective, zero for jackets and lead in this case, if you have access to bullet swaging gear and a press to swage lead into wire for your cores. Even if you get hold of J4 jackets, the finished cost is a fraction of what retailers are currently asking for projectiles. As Bill said, that amount of lead with access to an unlimited supply of 22lr casings, he will be in bullets for years.
Wyliecoyote
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bills Shed » 04 Dec 2021, 11:02 pm

Wylie. C
Yes I have used 22 mag cases but not for 6mm. I draw them down to make long heavy .224” projectiles. My heavy projectile is a 69gn, 6 diameter ogive point form with a flat base. I do not do a boat tail. I was never going to go down that route as I seldom shoot past 200m. I wish I had bought that die now.
I mainly make stuff for the Hornet and low velocity stuff in 224” projectiles. Everything from 30gn round nose to 55gn round nose. Also pointed projectiles. I have made a jacket trimmer to make a very consistent length jackets so anything is possible in relation to length and weight.
I draw jackets down to 17 cal as well. The trimmer will handle them as well so everything from 15gn to 30gn in 17cal. I have my own kiln and am starting to get into making different derim dies and draw dies. I am experimenting derimming 17 WSM cases and drawing them down for .257” projectiles. Seems to work a treat but getting / making the point form die is the hard part. Having projectiles is only one component of a loaded round. You still have to have a supply of powder and primer. Tripod helps me extrude lead wire for the cores.
Bills Shed
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by bladeracer » 05 Dec 2021, 12:08 am

Bills Shed wrote:Wylie. C
Yes I have used 22 mag cases but not for 6mm. I draw them down to make long heavy .224” projectiles. My heavy projectile is a 69gn, 6 diameter ogive point form with a flat base. I do not do a boat tail. I was never going to go down that route as I seldom shoot past 200m. I wish I had bought that die now.
I mainly make stuff for the Hornet and low velocity stuff in 224” projectiles. Everything from 30gn round nose to 55gn round nose. Also pointed projectiles. I have made a jacket trimmer to make a very consistent length jackets so anything is possible in relation to length and weight.
I draw jackets down to 17 cal as well. The trimmer will handle them as well so everything from 15gn to 30gn in 17cal. I have my own kiln and am starting to get into making different derim dies and draw dies. I am experimenting derimming 17 WSM cases and drawing them down for .257” projectiles. Seems to work a treat but getting / making the point form die is the hard part. Having projectiles is only one component of a loaded round. You still have to have a supply of powder and primer. Tripod helps me extrude lead wire for the cores.

I use WSM brass to bump .243" jacketed bullets up to .270" for the Carcano, cut the case head off, and simply drop the .243" bullet in either way up, it works both ways (with the case mouth as a massive hollow-point, or with the case mouth as a hollow boat tail), then seat it into the 6.5x52mm brass.

.22LR brass swaged bullets work okay in my 8"-twist .223, but only up to 3000fps, above that and they evaporate as they exit the muzzle due to the rpm. Might even be Tripod's bullets I have, is he in Tasmania? I bought 1000 off him years ago. They're fine for plinkers, and the very thin jacket makes them work okay for reduced loads. But bulk commercial bullets have better accuracy and are cheaper.

Is there any performance advantage over a cast powder-coated bullet up to about 2500fps?
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bills Shed » 05 Dec 2021, 12:35 am

Hi Bladeracer, yes you would have got Tripods projectiles. I do not believe you have any of mine. Please note any projectile spun to fast will fly apart. Use it within its limits and you will be fine. As for plinking only, you are dreaming. I use my projectiles exclusively in my CF rifles. Sure,I am only shooting wallaby, possum ( under permit), and the odd cat, but dead is dead. A factory projectile does not make them any more dead. Like every projectile, work up a load, make it accurate and go shooting. I am no bench rest shooter, I do not want to be. I feed my dogs and keep the paddocks clean. It saves me a bucket of cash and has paid for the initial setup several times over now. It is not for everyone. The build is what I enjoy the most.
Bills Shed
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by bladeracer » 05 Dec 2021, 3:21 am

Bills Shed wrote:Hi Bladeracer, yes you would have got Tripods projectiles. I do not believe you have any of mine. Please note any projectile spun to fast will fly apart. Use it within its limits and you will be fine. As for plinking only, you are dreaming. I use my projectiles exclusively in my CF rifles. Sure,I am only shooting wallaby, possum ( under permit), and the odd cat, but dead is dead. A factory projectile does not make them any more dead. Like every projectile, work up a load, make it accurate and go shooting. I am no bench rest shooter, I do not want to be. I feed my dogs and keep the paddocks clean. It saves me a bucket of cash and has paid for the initial setup several times over now. It is not for everyone. The build is what I enjoy the most.

True that all bullets have an rpm limit, but I shoot commercial 35gn bullets close to 4000fps out of the same rifle with no issues.

I couldn't get any better than 1MoA out of them, and not with great consistency. Even the cheapest bulk bullets shoot more consistently and accurately so I use those for hunting, and save the swaged ones for close-range stuff and reduced loads.

If you sell them I'm happy to buy some for testing, and let you know how they shoot for me.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bills Shed » 05 Dec 2021, 6:44 am

Moa is all I need. They do what I need them to do.
Ref you using as WSM case to bump up to .270. I would like to see this. Got pic? How are to keeping everything straight a square?
You mentioned accuracy. Is it accurate? I am thinking not so much. Enjoy.
This is not a pissing contest. The question is Australia heading for a ammo / reloading shortage. I believe so. Use what you have, use it within it limits and you will be fine.

Bill
Bills Shed
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by wanneroo » 05 Dec 2021, 7:14 am

I'm starting to see some signs here in the USA that supply is gradually building up and prices on things have skidded downwards. A lot of retailers I saw had big sales over the Thanksgiving weekend. I'm seeing demand destruction across the board due to inflation. A lot of stuff not just ammo/reloading components, people just can't afford the asking prices for a lot of it.

Bullets like Hornady and Nosler are getting pumped out but you may experience temporary shortages where you cant get exactly what you want and may need to substitute another bullet. Primers are gradually being seen more often. Powder is out there.

I'm still sitting on the sidelines with no real need to purchase anything so other than a few bits or bobs, I'm content to watch the market fall. I think we are a long way from loaded shelves and cheap prices.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by mchughcb » 05 Dec 2021, 11:36 am

Good to hear
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Reloading ammunition