Is Australia heading for an AMMO/Reloading shortage?

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Re: Is Australia heading for an AMMO/Reloading shortage?

Post by Tubs » 02 Apr 2022, 11:57 pm

bladeracer wrote:
gunnnie wrote:Well, for all our sake's I hope that your view on this is correct! But based on the behaviour of the glubbermunt this past 2+yrs and what has come to light in recent times, I would trust the political mainstream as far as I could throw them!
Start looking closer at all the changes that have come in the past few years. Ask what the reason behind the change is and then question the reality behind it. The 'looks like' rule in NSW, the push in WA re reloading and possession of diagrams, schematics, just to point out 2 examples. On the surface seemingly benign and sold to the pandering masses as yet more steps in ensuring public safety. But the reality is far from the reasoning provided.

Hey, I hope I'm wrong, but myself and many, many others are seeing otherwise.

The "reason" behind all our firearm laws is the UN Charter on totally disarming the civilian population of all member countries.

Except if you are invaded in which case they are happy for you to die with your new AK
Tubs
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by cz515 » 03 Apr 2022, 7:17 am

As long as you have white skin and blue eyes.... and America has not invaded your country
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 03 Apr 2022, 9:00 am

The trouble with excess cases and other components in our storage , sometimes when we are bored we will assemble ammunition when we already have a ton ready Togo more than required, and then I find myself low on components again. Am I the only one who does this ?
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Larry » 03 Apr 2022, 9:02 am

Blr243 wrote:The trouble with excess cases and other components in our storage , sometimes when we are bored we will assemble ammunition when we already have a ton ready Togo more than required, and then I find myself low on components again. Am I the only one who does this ?

No but I have enough components for the next run of potentialy unneeded ammo.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by on_one_wheel » 04 Apr 2022, 6:45 am

Blr243 wrote:The trouble with excess cases and other components in our storage , sometimes when we are bored we will assemble ammunition when we already have a ton ready Togo more than required, and then I find myself low on components again. Am I the only one who does this ?

I'm keeping less loaded now.
I use to keep about 200 of both .223 & .243, now I'm happy to keep a max of 50 each.
Iv got so much rass that I've decided to cycle through smaller batches more often ... surely I can wear some brass out :unknown: I'm nearing 10 reloads on some if it now.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 04 Apr 2022, 1:25 pm

I do keep quite a lot loaded up for most things, but generally I prefer to keep the components so I can use them for what I feel like shooting at the time. It would suck to want to play with 6.5x55mm for example when all your primers are stuck in .30-06 brass, or you want to play with a different bullet in 8x57mm but all your brass is already loaded :-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 05 Apr 2022, 5:47 am

I think i have enough ammo for my lifetime and at least 5 generations of my offspring now thanks to this thread.
I dont even know where it all came from. Just kinda happened.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by JimTom » 05 Apr 2022, 11:25 am

Doesn’t hurt to have a bit in reserve mate for when it is unavailable again.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by MontyShooter » 05 Apr 2022, 4:16 pm

My 338 lapua stash is now worth more than most of my guns.
MontyShooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 06 Apr 2022, 12:57 am

womble wrote:I think i have enough ammo for my lifetime and at least 5 generations of my offspring now thanks to this thread.
I dont even know where it all came from. Just kinda happened.

Back in the Trump years when I could get 9mm FMJ bullets for six cents a piece and factory 9mm was $8 a box I was buying up tons of it. Not to mention other factory ammo and reloading components.

Now looking at what I have it's going to take a long, long time to shoot all of it. Which is good because the past two years I haven't had to worry or buy any factory ammo except for one box of 32 ACP.

It might be a few years away, but inevitably all this supply chain and demand stuff will sort itself out and there will be another glut on the market. When there is I will buy back in again and restock.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Bugman » 06 Apr 2022, 4:27 pm

As I have said before, for myself, I am only shooting enough pistol matches, to comply with NSW regs. Yep, I would love to shoot more gigs but with the uncertainty of supply in this area, I will be extra frugal until supply improves....whenever that may be. :unknown:
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by JimTom » 06 Apr 2022, 6:22 pm

I actually managed to find 500 small pistol magnum primers today. Could’ve knocked me down with a feather.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Previous

Return to Reloading ammunition