9mm reloading supply prices

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

9mm reloading supply prices

Post by Zappa » 12 Dec 2020, 9:10 pm

How much am i expected to pay for APS450 powder, cci primers and round nose bullets 115-130gr ? Just need to know if im paying "they saw me coming" prices with all thats going on in the US
Zappa
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Re: 9mm reloading supply prices

Post by bladeracer » 13 Dec 2020, 12:27 am

Zappa wrote:How much am i expected to pay for APS450 powder, cci primers and round nose bullets 115-130gr ? Just need to know if im paying "they saw me coming" prices with all thats going on in the US

Will depend where you shop, usually a bit cheaper in the cities.
Figure on $200 for 2kg for powder.
About $100 per 1000 primers. Cheaper by the case of 5000.
Bullets can be anywhere from twelve-cents apiece for bulk cast bullets up to a buck apiece for top-tier hunting or defense bullets.
I quite like the Berry's copper-plated, but I think only Cleaver brings them in. I bought several thousand Berry's 9mm round-nose when they had a crazy special.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by vmaxaust » 23 Dec 2020, 5:41 am

Zappa wrote:How much am i expected to pay for APS450 powder, cci primers and round nose bullets 115-130gr ? Just need to know if im paying "they saw me coming" prices with all thats going on in the US

Where did you buy your supplies?

If you are in Melbourne or in Victoria I may be able to help...
vmaxaust
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by BadShot » 23 Dec 2020, 7:03 pm

APS450 is around $70 for the 500g if you can find/get the 2KG you seem to get 2Kg for approx. the price of 1.5Kg
CCI 500 SPP @ ~$100.00 / 1000
I buy the Tigershark Copper plated rounds 14-16c depending on weight RN/HP on 2k
BadShot
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Zappa » 24 Dec 2020, 6:41 am

vmaxaust wrote:

Where did you buy your supplies?

If you are in Melbourne or in Victoria I may be able to help...

Melbourne. It seems melbourne LGS are holding onto stock (primers and powder) and only selling to regulars. When you ring they uhmm and arhhh and "check out the back"
Zappa
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by vmaxaust » 24 Dec 2020, 8:06 am

Melbourne. It seems melbourne LGS are holding onto stock (primers and powder) and only selling to regulars. When you ring they uhmm and arhhh and "check out the back"[/quote]

That's because the looming shortage is already here. The U.S consumer is buying everything they can get their hands on. The Biden/Harris team will do a John Howard on the American gun owners. People there know it so they are hoarding what they can. ADI is shipping huge volumes of powder and even factory ammo to the U.S in a vain attempt to fill orders they have.

As usual the local consumer is second on the totem pole.

Let me know if you need anything.
vmaxaust
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by boingk » 24 Dec 2020, 8:15 am

Hard to get anything around here. If you can find Trailboss it is a decent powder for plinking loads and often available in big 1.5kg jugs - the same size as 4kg of regular rifle powder due to the low density. It is often not considered for loads but I've used it in everything from 32-20 up to 45-70 and it certainly gets lead down range.

The only issue you may have is if it will cycle a semiauto. Some cartridges just don't have the capacity, and either flat out won't or need some experimentation with loads and projectile weights.

I've had great results in the past with Black Widow Projectiles. It would pay to send an email or call prior to ordering as he is taking a break over the new year period and is out of stock of some components that are available from the website. He is almost always able to offer an alternative, even if it's only to give a date for your desired component being available. If you can get them at a local gun shop that's the best way as otherwise the freight can ad up if only ordering a single box.

Cheers - boingk
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by gunnnie » 27 Dec 2020, 3:38 pm

I use Alliant Red Dot in my 9mm reloads behind a Demon Projectiles 135gn RN.
I picked up an 8lb tub of RD and buy Fed SMH Pistol primers by the case. The projectiles are $85/1000. This brings the cost down to around $15/100.

This load works through both my Glock34 and my wife's Kimber Stainless Target 2, without issue and makes power factor.
gunnnie
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Zappa » 27 Dec 2020, 7:18 pm

gunnnie wrote:I use Alliant Red Dot in my 9mm reloads behind a Demon Projectiles 135gn RN.

i heard Alliant are not shipping powders outside of QLD anymore.
Zappa
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by gunnnie » 28 Dec 2020, 11:27 am

That's a bugger for non-QLDers wanting to try RD in their 9mm loads.
gunnnie
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Reloading ammunition