Who uses quick load

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Who uses quick load

Post by Blr243 » 02 Jan 2021, 5:53 pm

If I buy it. I s it a CD. Or a stick. Or is it just a download? Are there different version s. I don’t care about bc or trajectory. Just interested in load data
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Re: Who uses quick load

Post by bladeracer » 02 Jan 2021, 8:17 pm

Blr243 wrote:If I buy it. I s it a CD. Or a stick. Or is it just a download? Are there different version s. I don’t care about bc or trajectory. Just interested in load data

I looked at it a while back.
If your powder is already in the database I think it makes it simpler, but it's still more complicated than I need or want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtOAoUkkSJY
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by No1_49er » 02 Jan 2021, 8:33 pm

Comes on a CD. Current version 3.9
The program is serial numbered - unique to your installation. I'm fairly certain that you can't do multiple installs, but you can uninstall and migrate it to another PC.
Easy to use and ideal for comparing "equivalent" powders WRT pressure, case fill % and quite a bit more.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 02 Jan 2021, 8:44 pm

Thank you. I know why they need all the right info from us but When they want me to start measuring case volume perfectly , it’s not for me at this stage
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by No1_49er » 03 Jan 2021, 7:35 am

Blr243 wrote:Thank you. I know why they need all the right info from us but When they want me to start measuring case volume perfectly , it’s not for me at this stage

I'm not sure where you get the notion that you have to measure case volume perfectly.
Not once have I done so. There is a lot of data built into the program, much of which is generic but which you can edit, if you so desired. Really no need to.
All that is required is for you to select cartridge, projectile, propellant type, and charge weight. The calculated result will show a chamber pressure curve, whether or not that curve is within or beyond SAAMI spec's, and a lot of other useful data such as velocity, energy etc.
I think you have rejected a very useful tool long before you've actually seen it in use.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 03 Jan 2021, 2:36 pm

I think it’s over 100 bucks or something so I’ll see if I can get there by other methods
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by JohnV » 03 Jan 2021, 6:30 pm

GO here and learn a bit on how ballistic programs work and what entry is required might help you choose better .
https://www.jbmballistics.com/ballistic ... tors.shtml
Once you have the velocity and BC & correct drag function ( G1, G7 etc.) of a bullet & the environmental data , then all the case volume and powder stuff is not required for a firing solution .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Return to Reloading ammunition