AS50N for 9mm??

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

AS50N for 9mm??

Post by BigB1 » 09 Jun 2021, 7:29 pm

Hi,

ADI has no load data for AS50N in 9mm, anyone had any experience with it and feedback?

There is some talk from people on forums using it but I'm unsure.
BigB1
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: AS50N for 9mm??

Post by No1Mk3 » 09 Jun 2021, 7:48 pm

G'day BigB1,
I have used it when AP50 has been on backorder at my dealers, same data as AP but check weigh your loads as some measures don't flow well. I use Lee measures with no problems, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by BigB1 » 09 Jun 2021, 7:55 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:G'day BigB1,
I have used it when AP50 has been on backorder at my dealers, same data as AP but check weigh your loads as some measures don't flow well. I use Lee measures with no problems, Cheers.

Thanks, its the measuring thats a worry as I'd be wanting to use this through a Dillon XL750
BigB1
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by boingk » 10 Jun 2021, 12:51 pm

BigB1 wrote:Hi,

ADI has no load data for AS50N in 9mm, anyone had any experience with it and feedback?

There is some talk from people on forums using it but I'm unsure.

Hi mate, they list it as the equivalent to ADI APS450. That will get you very close, make a few with a starting load and work up.

I'm loading in AP50N at the moment - very similar powder. I've settled on 3.4gn with a 120gn round nose cast projectile. Works just fine, haven't chronoed but its enough to cycle a Glock positively.

Careful with that amount as I recall it was close to capacity with that projectile and a 1.12" OAL.

Cheers - boingk
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by the_sovereign_man » 10 Jun 2021, 1:46 pm

BigB1 wrote:ADI has no load data for AS50N in 9mm, anyone had any experience with it and feedback?
Heading to The Barn today?
the_sovereign_man
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Salty » 19 Jun 2022, 9:58 am

Put about 1000 rnds thru my semi auto and revolver with , 123gn Tigershark HP with 3.4gn of AS50N with a CoL of 1.10, any less and my semi auto won't cycle.. haven't done a chrono on it yet but it flows from my Lee powder thrower smooth as anything.
Salty
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Reloading ammunition