Shipping containers full of Alliant

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Shipping containers full of Alliant

Post by Blr243 » 18 Jul 2021, 1:30 pm

Has anyone been told when more may land in oz? ...there’s prob some I wouldn’t mind but as far as needing it I’m fine for quite a few months I think
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Re: Shipping containers full of Alliant

Post by bigrich » 18 Jul 2021, 2:12 pm

Blr243 wrote:Has anyone been told when more may land in oz? ...there’s prob some I wouldn’t mind but as far as needing it I’m fine for quite a few months I think

i been told over a year before we get more . i was also told the big C ordered in heaps , absolute cr@p loads . but a powder store in WA that recently opened and made a offer too good for them to refuse . paid silly money for it all and shipped the lot to WA :cry: so the last big east coast shipment disappeared before we even got a chance . so i was told .......

at least adi rifle stuff is available , it's in larger containers , but i don't mind .

still , i could do with some alliant 2400 for my 44mag :roll:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by ZaineB » 18 Jul 2021, 2:21 pm

who cares when it lands lol, last lot I saw in stores was 2.3X the price of ADI powder, meaning its cheaper to buy factory rounds for most of my guns, absolutely ridiculous prices.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by bigrich » 18 Jul 2021, 2:43 pm

ZaineB wrote:who cares when it lands lol, last lot I saw in stores was 2.3X the price of ADI powder, meaning its cheaper to buy factory rounds for most of my guns, absolutely ridiculous prices.

my last alliant powders i bought were only a couple of bucks more than adi . at least here in brisvegas :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by ZaineB » 18 Jul 2021, 2:48 pm

yeah not the case here, was off its head, I was going to buy about 6kg till they wanted over $1450+ for it, I could have lived with half that price even though that would have still been more than what I paid for ADI, but ended up waiting 2.5 months longer and getting ADI powder again.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by Rwd22 » 26 Jul 2021, 7:37 pm

Last I heard from the big C in Bris was around xmas time. Fingers crossed.
Rwd22
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Return to Reloading ammunition