Ammo price increases - US.

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Ammo price increases - US.

Post by bladeracer » 15 Aug 2021, 3:08 pm

Price increases in the US announced by Vista Outdoor (Speer, Remington, CCI, Federal).
More importantly, no primer supplies.
Attachments
236430933_10228415919007806_1927571244664240890_n (1).jpg
236430933_10228415919007806_1927571244664240890_n (1).jpg (91.02 KiB) Viewed 3048 times
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Ammo price increases - US.

Post by Oldbloke » 15 Aug 2021, 4:07 pm

In 12 months ADI powder has risen in price by close to 30% where I live.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Harrynsw » 15 Aug 2021, 4:11 pm

Aren't they paying inflated fuel prices as well?
Great job Biden.
Harrynsw
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 15 Aug 2021, 6:15 pm

Oldbloke wrote:In 12 months ADI powder has risen in price by close to 30% where I live.

Probably more to do with Covid than anything else.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 15 Aug 2021, 6:52 pm

Harrynsw wrote:Aren't they paying inflated fuel prices as well?
Great job Biden.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sh1t I didn't know he alone could influence the price of crude oil. And I thought it was due to the global recovery... I mean our prices have risen from $1.10 to $1.50 in 12 months.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 15 Aug 2021, 10:18 pm

cz515 wrote:
Great job Biden.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sh1t I didn't know he alone could influence the price of crude oil. And I thought it was due to the global recovery... I mean our prices have risen from $1.10 to $1.50 in 12 months.

Why not he alone influences the price of everything in the firearms industry.
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by JohnV » 15 Aug 2021, 10:23 pm

The gun shooting sports are all going back to what they were in previous centuries a pass time for the rich and the ordinary folk will once gain become just poachers with dogs and bows .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by Downunder » 16 Aug 2021, 7:36 am

JohnV wrote:The gun shooting sports are all going back to what they were in previous centuries a pass time for the rich and the ordinary folk will once gain become just poachers with dogs and bows .

Ordinary folk are an inventive mob, given where we are now with the information super highway it’s not out of the question (whilst it may be illegal but so is poaching... :? ) to manufacture components from recycled and raw materials.

I saw a clip of a fella in the US Experimenting with recharging used primers once, I’d kick myself for disposing countless 1000’s if it was the last resort......
Downunder
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Bill » 16 Aug 2021, 7:48 am

Great job Biden.

Oil prices are below what they were in 2018 under Trump. Biden has nothing to do with the shut down of the Colonial Pipeline and the recent bounce back in demand/Oil prices. Bidens mostly successful Vaccination campaign allowed the US economy to roar back to life.
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by wanneroo » 16 Aug 2021, 11:26 am

The economy over here is in a big mess and inflation is going insane. I have personally witnessed groceries and restaurant food go up 20-80% in a few months and I am seeing bare shelves at all supermarkets. Gas prices are way higher. Just about any other good or service you buy is more expensive.

When you print trillions of dollars, kill production with lockdowns, have long term unemployment checks, you end up with more dollars chasing fewer goods and businesses that can't keep up with demand due to lack of employees and hence you get killer inflation. It's basic economics 101.

Prices on all ammo and other supplies obviously is high. Primers are back but they are $70 minimum per 1000, if you can find them. Ammo is still very high but supplies are gradually returning. Powder and bullets can be found, but at a higher cost.

Fortunately I stacked cheap and deep during the Trump years so I have enough to last for years to come. I might pick up a few bits and bobs if the price is right.

There was a sugar rush after all the Porkulus checks but now the hangover is kicking in. If you look at the charts, the US consumer has increased their use of credit, used up their savings and spare cash. Things are not looking good.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by wanneroo » 16 Aug 2021, 11:29 am

bladeracer wrote:Price increases in the US announced by Vista Outdoor (Speer, Remington, CCI, Federal).
More importantly, no primer supplies.

There are primers but I think they mean they are fulfilling existing orders.

I know Remington is back making primers.

There are primers hitting shelves in the USA.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by cz515 » 16 Aug 2021, 11:58 am

wanneroo wrote:When you print trillions of dollars, kill production with lockdowns, have long term unemployment checks, you end up with more dollars chasing fewer goods and businesses that can't keep up with demand due to lack of employees and hence you get killer inflation. It's basic economics 101..

Good point there mate, except you forgot a very important point.

Fed is supposed to be independent, but Trump very successfully was able to install his own people on the board, and he was the one who started the extreme money printing excersise. Biden has just continued as he either had no choice or no control over the Fed.

The thing is economy is not like your hand, if you burn it you can feel the pain stratify away. It might take months, sometimes years to show up but by then it's usually someone else who gets the blame by the sheeple.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Bill » 16 Aug 2021, 6:59 pm

Most of the inflationary increase we are seeing are Transitory, ie not permanent. Supply chains have been greatly affected by covid. Manufacturing inputs have gone up and global frieght cost is up by around 350%.

As we move back into more normal setting in 2023/24, prices should come down. .........
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 16 Aug 2021, 7:34 pm

i think it's more a case of price gouging by big corporations and the high end of financing . any excuse to make extra $ so the exec's get bigger bonuses . covid is a excuse for this behavior . my 2 cents ......
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 16 Aug 2021, 7:35 pm

Bill wrote:Most of the inflationary increase we are seeing are Transitory, ie not permanent. Supply chains have been greatly affected by covid. Manufacturing inputs have gone up and global frieght cost is up by around 350%.

As we move back into more normal setting in 2023/24, prices should come down. .........

that's my view , hope i'm right :unknown:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by boingk » 16 Aug 2021, 8:34 pm

US is seeing what is generally termed 'Hyperinflation' - its a pretty well recognised concept. Look what happened to Germany post WWI, Hungary post WWII, Yugoslavia post the Wall and both Zimbabwe and Korea in more recent times.

See more here. Well spoken and easy to understand. I'd encourage anyone out there to have a watch, especially if the larger global economic trends are a bit unfamiliar. Its more relevant now than ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HmGLV46L60
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by JohnV » 17 Aug 2021, 2:36 pm

Bill wrote:Most of the inflationary increase we are seeing are Transitory, ie not permanent. Supply chains have been greatly affected by covid. Manufacturing inputs have gone up and global frieght cost is up by around 350%.

As supply comes back prices charged from the manufacture may well come back down but it's been my experience that once a retailer gets a certain higher price for a product then that price stays even though their wholesale costs are lower .
In a small market like Australia there is not enough competition in the gun trade to force down prices because they all agree on prices . Some prices on harder to sell products will come back down but other stuff in higher demand will stay up .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by JohnV » 17 Aug 2021, 2:43 pm

Oldbloke wrote:In 12 months ADI powder has risen in price by close to 30% where I live.

And ADI said that selling to the US market would make powder cheaper for us .
If you look closely at that price list you can see that they are gouging the reloader .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by bladeracer » 17 Aug 2021, 2:51 pm

JohnV wrote:

What makes you think it'd be cheaper if they only made the tiny amount we use in Australia?
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 17 Aug 2021, 9:08 pm

JohnV wrote:

If you look closely at that price list you can see that they are gouging the reloader .

Another piece of awesome research by our resident guru.
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by JohnV » 18 Aug 2021, 6:28 pm

bladeracer wrote:
JohnV wrote:

What makes you think it'd be cheaper if they only made the tiny amount we use in Australia?

I never said I think anything read properly . I said ADI said .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Return to Reloading ammunition