What a mission! (Pistol and Shotgun)

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

What a mission! (Pistol and Shotgun)

Post by ACORBS » 05 Oct 2021, 1:36 pm

Hi All,

Didn't think there were many platforms out there for reloading talk until I found this little gem!

Like most my wife and I have been hunting for pistol and shotgun powders, being in Sydney we knew most places here would be dry as a bone so started calling regional areas we could get access to (being in lockdown we had to get creative)

Finally, days of ringing we have found, purchased and had collected by local family in the areas 4 x AS50N 500g bottles and 3 x Winchester WST 1lbs bottles.

Now I just have to work out how to get them to Sydney and keep hunting for more!

This was central NSW, how are the rest of you going with your searches? Being late to reloading I can't even find gear (9mm dies are not existent as well as a lee pro 400 press) so know I have a road ahead of me to stock up.
ACORBS
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: What a mission! (Pistol and Shotgun)

Post by disco stu » 07 Oct 2021, 7:41 pm

I was hoping to start reloading soon. Doesn't look good for getting supplies
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Bello » 08 Oct 2021, 8:27 am

Hi All
Pistol powder has dried up.
And ADI has no idea when we will see any.
Bello
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by ACORBS » 11 Oct 2021, 5:19 pm

I mean I have found some, took some searching but found some
ACORBS
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by boingk » 11 Oct 2021, 5:46 pm

New carbide 9mm dies on ebay for reasonable dosh.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/16252623432 ... SwZutfA3-k
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by BigB1 » 11 Oct 2021, 8:07 pm

boingk wrote:New carbide 9mm dies on ebay for reasonable dosh.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/16252623432 ... SwZutfA3-k

Cheaper from my LGS!
BigB1
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by ACORBS » 12 Oct 2021, 7:05 am

I did manage to find a set at my LGS after working out that kit also crimped.
ACORBS
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by rc42 » 13 Oct 2021, 1:02 pm

On a slightly positive note, the lack of pistol powder in gun stores means that small pistol primers are still widely available. It was expected by many (myself included) that they would also be gone pending new imports in a year or so but lack of powder for reloading does seem to have reduced demand for them.

I started reloading last year so just managed to get an assortment of powder just as it was disappearing, it's still an odd mix of whatever was available but I've been really impressed with Herco for 9mm and without the shortage I would likely never have tried it.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Bugman » 13 Oct 2021, 1:22 pm

rc42 wrote:On a slightly positive note, the lack of pistol powder in gun stores means that small pistol primers are still widely available. It was expected by many (myself included) that they would also be gone pending new imports in a year or so but lack of powder for reloading does seem to have reduced demand for them.

I started reloading last year so just managed to get an assortment of powder just as it was disappearing, it's still an odd mix of whatever was available but I've been really impressed with Herco for 9mm and without the shortage I would likely never have tried it.

Not so much, here in Sydney. My LGS did not have my usual small pistol primers (Federal) but for a few bucks more I got some Federal Magnum primers.
This will last me some time......I hope.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Return to Reloading ammunition