Woodleigh bullets gone

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Woodleigh bullets gone

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 01 Dec 2021, 2:54 pm

Factory burnt down - sad day for industry
Hopefully start up again - big game bulleti icon and Aussie manufacturing success story

http://www.sportingshooter.com.au/lates ... -destroyed
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: Woodleigh bullets gone

Post by bigrich » 01 Dec 2021, 3:56 pm

great bullets , as well as a successful ozzie business . hope they rebuild . maybe someone else in the industry might lend a hand . maybe rebuild better than before . going by american forums woodleigh bullets are VERY popular
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by animalpest » 01 Dec 2021, 4:15 pm

Oh NO!!
They are a great hunting bullet.
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by bigrich » 01 Dec 2021, 5:07 pm

animalpest wrote:Oh NO!!
They are a great hunting bullet.

yes they are . shoot very accurately too
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by deye243 » 02 Dec 2021, 4:27 am

Unfortunately I cannot see him reopening he never had his business insured lost everything :cry:
These bullets were also very popular in Africa
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Bill » 02 Dec 2021, 7:26 am

I own 1 rifle that needs Woodleighs and sadly I only have light projectiles 450gr Woodies, If anyone knows of some 51cal 570gr RN SN I would grab em :thumbsup:

I was also hoping to use there 50 cal 400gr for my 500S&W but I can get other other projectiles.

Will be big lose to the Big game boys globally if they chose to not rebuild
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 02 Dec 2021, 9:14 am

Bill wrote:I own 1 rifle that needs Woodleighs and sadly I only have light projectiles 450gr Woodies, If anyone knows of some 51cal 570gr RN SN I would grab em :thumbsup:

I was also hoping to use there 50 cal 400gr for my 500S&W but I can get other other projectiles.

That’s why I’m hopeful of woodleigh coming back bigger and better. Maybe nioa or someone will buy the rights and restart production. There’s definitely a good market for woodleigh Bullets....
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by JimTom » 02 Dec 2021, 11:27 am

Terrible shame to say the least. Firstly because it is a great product and secondly because it’s a shame to think another Aussie manufacturing business is gone.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by deye243 » 02 Dec 2021, 7:13 pm

bigrich wrote:
Bill wrote:I own 1 rifle that needs Woodleighs and sadly I only have light projectiles 450gr Woodies, If anyone knows of some 51cal 570gr RN SN I would grab em :thumbsup:

That’s why I’m hopeful of woodleigh coming back bigger and better. Maybe nioa or someone will buy the rights and restart production. There’s definitely a good market for woodleigh Bullets....
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 04 Dec 2021, 3:43 am

bigrich wrote:

Yep and probably be on sale for 3x the price they were
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Return to Reloading ammunition