.22-250 reloads

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

.22-250 reloads

Post by Hugo » 28 Apr 2014, 5:15 pm

Hi crew mates, this may well be an already discussed topic & for this I apologise, but here goes regardless

I have just recieved my .22-250 rem 700 sps varmint with a 26" barrel :)))

It shoots a few different factory loads really well, 55 & 50gn rounds at 100m, looking forward to shooting a few 45gn rounds to see how they go.

With the deal I made with my lgs included he threw in a full set of redding dyes aswell, I like the redding dyes as once you've set them up to suit your rifle, you dont have to worry about having to set them up again, Got too much to think about with 2 businesses, 2 kids & cattle & horse studs without having go and set them up all over again as can be the case with lee gear,

I still have lots to learn about reloading & all thats associated with my much beloved sport, but am doing ok with loads of advice offered to us novices by you more experienced people out there & for that I cant thank you enough,

So with my rant over...

What's your favourite:
Projectile weight & brand & type e.g. 55gn Nosler BT
Powder & weight
Case brand
Primer brand

Please feel free to add any advice that may be useful too, like modifications you've made etc.
Staycool
Weatherby vanguard .270
Remington 700 varmint .22-250
marlin .22mag
marlin .22
marlin 30/30
all leupold optics except for the 30/30 iron sights only there!!!
Hugo
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: .22-250 reloads

Post by Hugo » 02 May 2014, 9:16 am

does no one reload 22-250 or did the way I wrote my question put people off?
I forgot to ask for the barrel twist in your response when I asked the question,
Weatherby vanguard .270
Remington 700 varmint .22-250
marlin .22mag
marlin .22
marlin 30/30
all leupold optics except for the 30/30 iron sights only there!!!
Hugo
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Reloading ammunition