Primers in Tasmania

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Primers in Tasmania

Post by ando967 » 22 Sep 2022, 7:32 am

Morning all,

Has anyone been able to source primers down here? I’ve rung around most haunts and not had any luck. I see there is limited stock on the mainland and some pretty high price tags. I would have figured that things are beginning to settle down a bit now and that supply would be getting more reliable?? It seems I’m wrong!! Would love to get my hands on some CCI BR4s, 450s, REM 7 1/2’s but I’m going to hazard a guess that so would we all!!!

I reckon I’ve got until March next year to source some!
ando967
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Re: Primers in Tasmania

Post by Boundry Rider » 22 Sep 2022, 8:37 am

My local here in WA told me about 2 months ago that there is a shipment of federal products due in about 6-8 weeks from now.
Escaped WALcatraz
Boundry Rider
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 Sep 2022, 8:47 am

I'm starting to think that lots of companies are taking the piss with price hikes and excuses blaming covid and supply chain issues.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 22 Sep 2022, 9:01 am

Can you take primers across from the mainland to Tassie?
Do you ever come up here or know a licenced person that does?

ando967 wrote:Morning all,

Has anyone been able to source primers down here? I’ve rung around most haunts and not had any luck. I see there is limited stock on the mainland and some pretty high price tags. I would have figured that things are beginning to settle down a bit now and that supply would be getting more reliable?? It seems I’m wrong!! Would love to get my hands on some CCI BR4s, 450s, REM 7 1/2’s but I’m going to hazard a guess that so would we all!!!

I reckon I’ve got until March next year to source some!
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Jackaroo » 22 Sep 2022, 9:23 am

I've been able to build up my primer count for SPP, LPP & LRP (all Federal and a newly designed artwork box so they must be newly arrived),,,,, but at the cost of $185.00 a brick ..... I have some bricks of SPP in my ammo safe from Horsely Park with $35.00 price stickers on them and they aren't all that many years old. I can't see prices falling while we are all prepared to pay exorbitant prices out of desperation to keep reloading and shooting.
Jackaroo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by ando967 » 22 Sep 2022, 3:55 pm

Blade,

I’m honestly not sure what the arrangement is with The Spirit of Tas and Primers. I’m assuming it’s no different to loaded ammo. I’d have to look further into it. If I ever travel to the mainland it’s by plane, might have to start asking around and see if anyone I know is going to be driving over and back.

Let’s just say I won’t be getting caught in this position again, when I can get my hands on some I’ll be getting small, large and magnums and storing them for a rainy day. It’s thoroughly f*$&ing frustrating!
ando967
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Post by bladeracer » 22 Sep 2022, 4:32 pm

ando967 wrote:Blade,

I’m honestly not sure what the arrangement is with The Spirit of Tas and Primers. I’m assuming it’s no different to loaded ammo. I’d have to look further into it. If I ever travel to the mainland it’s by plane, might have to start asking around and see if anyone I know is going to be driving over and back.

Let’s just say I won’t be getting caught in this position again, when I can get my hands on some I’ll be getting small, large and magnums and storing them for a rainy day. It’s thoroughly f*$&ing frustrating!

Check your private messages.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bills Shed » 22 Sep 2022, 6:40 pm

I do not know where you were ringing but there are more than a few about. Sports hut in Launceston have them and All Goods in Devonport, Wells Sporting Goods,Latrobe. Prices are going up but far cheaper than that price.
Sports hut had a deal going if you bought in bulk.
Swaging your own projectiles is the ultimate in flexibility.
Bills Shed
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by ando967 » 22 Sep 2022, 8:22 pm

Bills Shed wrote:I do not know where you were ringing but there are more than a few about. Sports hut in Launceston have them and All Goods in Devonport, Wells Sporting Goods,Latrobe. Prices are going up but far cheaper than that price.
Sports hut had a deal going if you bought in bulk.

Hey mate, I tried SportsHut on Monday and was informed they didn’t have any. I hadn’t tried Allgoods, might give them a go down here and see, other than that I called around the a few southern stores and got the same response. The team at SportsHut have always been great to deal with, they were my second call.
ando967
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Post by Bills Shed » 22 Sep 2022, 10:26 pm

Bugger. So they have finally run out…All goods were saying that they had access to 20K but that was over a month ago. They were not cheap so maybe still have them. Good luck
Swaging your own projectiles is the ultimate in flexibility.
Bills Shed
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Return to Reloading ammunition